Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
Marketplace Reseller

67ii rolls short 2 frames

I put a few rolls through a 67ii I recently acquired, and each 120 roll only printed 8 photos (there are also only 8 on the negative, though the camera counted up to 10). I've done some research on this and couldn't find much. So I'm left with a few possible options and was wondering if anyone had encountered any of them:

1) The lab missed 2 shots per roll
2) The rolls were miscounted in the camera (they tended to be the last 2 photos taken on each roll, but it was tough to tell)
3) There is an issue with spacing on the film advance mechanism.

I'm assuming it's #3, since 1 and 2 are just a bit too weird. Anybody else encounter this?

12-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by innivus Quote
I put a few rolls through a 67ii I recently acquired, and each 120 roll only printed 8 photos (there are also only 8 on the negative, though the camera counted up to 10). I've done some research on this and couldn't find much. So I'm left with a few possible options and was wondering if anyone had encountered any of them:

1) The lab missed 2 shots per roll
2) The rolls were miscounted in the camera (they tended to be the last 2 photos taken on each roll, but it was tough to tell)
3) There is an issue with spacing on the film advance mechanism.

I'm assuming it's #3, since 1 and 2 are just a bit too weird. Anybody else encounter this?
I saw several people reporting this issue as well (online). It appear to be an issue that is fixable.

One of it is here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/48-pentax-645d-medium-format/171505-penta...g-problem.html
12-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
Marketplace Reseller

Original Poster
Thanks Lee. Mine is doing the exact same thing, so I'm thinking it's off to Arizona for the 67ii...
12-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by innivus Quote
Thanks Lee. Mine is doing the exact same thing, so I'm thinking it's off to Arizona for the 67ii...
No problem, would be great if you can report back if they tell you what is the problem and how much it cost to get fix...

12-17-2013, 03:08 AM   #5
Veteran Member

How big is the spacing between frames?
And forgive me if this is too obvious but are you advancing the film to the start line before closing the back? Failing to do so will cause the very problem you describe since the first two frames will be shot on backing paper only.
12-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If I remember correctly when I used to work at a lab we had to unspool the 120/220 film and roll it back up so that the film was in the same state as it was when purchased. That is to say that the first frame is at the front of the line going into the developing machine. If this wasn't done then we'd fog the film and loose an exposure. But I remember it only being an issue with one frame and not two.
12-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #7
Marketplace Reseller

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by revdocjim Quote
How big is the spacing between frames?
And forgive me if this is too obvious but are you advancing the film to the start line before closing the back? Failing to do so will cause the very problem you describe since the first two frames will be shot on backing paper only.
The spacing actually increases as the roll goes along. It's weird, but very much like the image in this post. And yeah, I'm 99% sure I'm putting the film in correctly, and no worries - I've done enough dumb stuff in my life to warrant the most basic of questions.
12-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Oh... that looks wrong! Spacing on my 67ii varies between 3mm and 4mm thru the whole roll.