Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Just out of curiosity, is that threadlock visible in the picture in liquid or solid form?
I would imagine the threadlock is a very light-duty type because of the risk of tool slippage when screwing things together compared to e.g. automotive (engine) use which uses high torque forces, one wouldn't use a beast of a wrench to lock things together on a lens?

01-08-2014, 06:12 AM   #17
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Silent Street Quote
Just out of curiosity, is that threadlock visible in the picture in liquid or solid form?
That is the solid form... I have yet to need to remove the shroud.
My lens seems stock and yet to be overhauled. I did remove the front element when I first got it to remove a small few dots of fungus.

QuoteOriginally posted by Silent Street Quote
one wouldn't use a beast of a wrench to lock things together on a lens?
Depending on diameter of the screw, it seems to stay below 10 in/lb and I've only had one thread locked screw give me trouble until I applied heat. As in autos you would reach for the "BIG RED WRENCH", a 35 watt soldering iron touching the right spot does wonders.