Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2014, 03:24 PM   #1

Help - Instant film usage on 67 w/ Forscher ProBack

Hi,

I have bought a Pentax 67 with a complimentary Forscher Proback for Polaroid Land Camera film. I haven't tested it yet because I couldn't find out exactly how it works, and that is why I am asking for some help in the forum. Basically, my questions are:

-- Do I have to use that little trick of pressing down and turning the tiny button on top of the advance lever before closing the back in order to "unzero" the counter so the camera shutter will operate as if without film? (I refer to the same procedure one would use to make the camera fire without any film at all -- I watched a video o YouTube which led me to think it is necessary to use it, even though I am not sure.)

-- Once the film is loaded and the shutter is activated for the first exposure, then what? Will it be ejected automatically (how, if I see no contacts at all inside the ProBack)? Do I have to take the picture out manually (how)? What is the full procedure after exposing for picture picture one and being all set to take picture number two?

I am sorry if these questions sound na´ve, but I have never used a ProBack before and I really couldn't find much useful info on the web -- most explanations I find are only about which film to use.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Guilherme.

01-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #2
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
Is the camera body able to advance to prime the shutter right now empty?

The film is a standard 100 series ... and you are using Fuji instant? Follow the instructions for loading and make sure the pull tabs are out as they should be.

Hey, take a look at this to give you an idea of pull tab instant film loading...

Last edited by MysteryOnion; 01-09-2014 at 03:41 PM.
01-10-2014, 04:25 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hi,

I am not absolutely sure about what you mean with "prime the shutter", but if you mean activating the shutter with an empty film case, then yes, I am able to do it now.

The video was really helpful -- I was looking for info on the ProBack, not on Fuji's film. After watching it, I am only not 100% sure about how to place the pull tab in the ProBack -- do I just load it and close the latch (that seems unlikely looking at the back, though not impossible) or should I run the black shield through the rollers, or through the narrower opening for the photo numbers?

Best regards,
Guilherme.
01-10-2014, 08:09 AM   #4
Giveaway winner!

I'm sorry... the tab stays away from rollers. When you load the film for the first time, the shield tab sort of gets clamped down on and sticks out
When the tab is correctly operating the film will find its way into the rollers to get the pushing together and developing pod smushed and spead between the film layers.

01-10-2014, 09:05 AM   #5

Original Poster
"When you load the film for the first time, the shield tab sort of gets clamped down on and sticks out"

Thanks a lot -- this seems to solve the mystery once and for all. Now I'll order some Fuji film in order to test it. Comments about how things went should be posted in the near future!

Best regards,
Guilherme.
01-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #6
Giveaway winner!

Very good. Look forward to seeing what you get from your P67+Polaroid.