Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2014, 10:06 PM   #16
Pentaxian

I liked the Pentax 90 mm Leaf shutter lens.

01-29-2014, 10:21 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by desertscape Quote
Douglas, I am the same person on Flickr as srasmuss.
There are some cross sections shown in the lens test area here on Pentax forums. But I agree there should be more included. Most shooters do not know what to make of these but for the well informed, they are important. The reason I favor the 165 LS is because of its Ernostar design and its proven performance. Leica used this design type quite extensively in their 180 mm lenses and even in their 90 mm with great success. Pentax obviously took notice and adapted this design type to the 67.
I've PMd Adam and asked him to see if they could add these designs. Most of the 645-cross sections are also missing btw.

Pentax made a lot of ernostar designs, among the 135mm lenses for the 135mm SLRs for instance. In all its simplicity very good.

I suspect there is probably a lot of interaction between the 6x7cm and 24x36mm lens designs. Now when I found most of the 67 diagrams it will be fun to compare them with the 24x36mm designs.
01-29-2014, 10:24 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I.ve ordered a 150mm now from Japan at a very good price. That will give me some more time to think and read up on the LS lenses and how to use them, so I have time to consider later if to buy a 90LS or a 165LS, and how that would interact with my decision on a normal-lens (if I would get the 90LS).

Does anyone know any good litterature on how to use the Pentax 67 LS lenses (or similar lenses in other systems)? Preferably online.
01-29-2014, 10:35 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
I suspect there is probably a lot of interaction between the 6x7cm and 24x36mm lens designs. Now when I found most of the 67 diagrams it will be fun to compare them with the 24x36mm designs.
There is indeed a correlation between Pentax's 35mm format lens designs and their 67 lenses. What is even more amazing is the similarity between Leicaflex designs and the P67 lenses.

I owned a 150 Super-Takumar for many years and can tell you it is a fine performer, although not so good for landscapes due to its limited DOF.

01-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
Does anyone know any good litterature on how to use the Pentax 67 LS lenses
Here is the Pentax guide for the 165/4LS lens:

http://c758710.r10.cf2.rackcdn.com/files/support/manual/140_1314744924-327644263_manual.pdf

Phil.
01-29-2014, 11:25 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Eugh. That guide is barely legible. Is there an original somewhere? I can't see what is being referred to relating to the lens in the illustrations — not that I need to, but I think others getting this lens for the first time will not actually derive coherent information they need from the images. It looks like a cheap 'n nasty 20c photocopy. The website it came down from sounds vaguely familiar and has been the subject of complaints in another forum somewhere?
01-30-2014, 08:27 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Silent Street Quote
The website it came down from sounds vaguely familiar and has been the subject of complaints in another forum somewhere?
It's actually from the Richo/Pentax Web Site:

Downloads & Literature - RICOH Imaging

I have the original manual, if anyone wants me to do my own scan and post it let me know.

Phil.

01-30-2014, 08:20 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
It's actually from the Richo/Pentax Web Site:

Downloads & Literature - RICOH Imaging

I have the original manual, if anyone wants me to do my own scan and post it let me know.

Phil.

I would like a clean, crisp scan please! PM for email address if you can send it by .pdf (preferred ... it's a long way for you to travel from Vancouver to Australia just to drop in some instructions... )

I followed that page (Ricoh) and noted how it redirected to an obscure third party page where the "instructions" were, so everybody ends up with the same grotty "cheap photocopied" instruction set.
01-30-2014, 11:21 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Silent Street Quote
I would like a clean, crisp scan please! PM for email address if you can send it by .pdf (preferred ... it's a long way for you to travel from Vancouver to Australia just to drop in some instructions... )

I followed that page (Ricoh) and noted how it redirected to an obscure third party page where the "instructions" were, so everybody ends up with the same grotty "cheap photocopied" instruction set.
Yep will do. I'm back at work next Tuesday and will do a colour email scan on our MFP.

I'll contact you next week for your email address.

Phil.