Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2014, 06:05 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Well they seem to have improved some things with K-3 shutter, damping the movement...maybe they have done same with 645 II so it would be more stable to shoot even with whopping 4 FPS. It would be overkill thou. They also have made some really nice things with K-3 which could be made bigger to allow larger files and faster buffer too... So nobody knows for sure.
There are technology called electronic shutter, for example it is used in Q cameras

02-12-2014, 07:41 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, I'm aware of that.
02-12-2014, 09:13 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So why not use it in 645d II
02-12-2014, 09:29 AM   #19
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
So why not use it in 645d II
I don't think that is ready for such a big sensor.

02-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I don't think that is ready for such a big sensor.
Why? it's just an LCD like filter in front of sensor( one of possible technology)
02-12-2014, 01:05 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Big sensor might have some other issues than smaller ones do not have with that electronic shutter.

they cannot make too many compromises for big formats. light leaking, sensor warming ect. might be a problem. I don't know because I'm not an engineer.
02-12-2014, 11:38 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
First of all have you seen DOF of medium format? Second have you seen the detail of medium format? Have you ever printed large size? If yes why do you ask?
Have you seen my avatar? Do you realize what camera that is? Yes, I sold several large (over 36") prints last year.

So, how about some questions to you then... Have you ever been hired, for pay, to shoot a wedding? Ever sold a "large" print of the bouquet toss? Have you ever shot medium format? Have you ever carried a MF rig around for an hour or more? Why not large format? The quality and DoF on 4x5 makes medium format look like a cheap Holga. Imagine a 3fps sheet feeder...

I know this: I would much rather use 35mm/APS in a fast moving setting. They're smaller and lighter. In the shot you describe, narrow DOF is the devil you are constantly fighting against. You also need reach so you're not a distracting element - 50mm in APS is equivalent to 120mm on MF, 120mm on APS is 300mm on MF. That's a heavy rig to tote at a wedding.

I didn't pose my question to start a pissing match. I'm curious to hear from people, possessing real-world experience with MF, who actually might have a real-world need for 2+ fps in medium format.

That is why I asked. Okay?

02-12-2014, 11:48 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
Have you seen my avatar? Do you realize what camera that is? Yes, I sold several large (over 36") prints last year.

So, how about some questions to you then... Have you ever been hired, for pay, to shoot a wedding? Ever sold a "large" print of the bouquet toss? Have you ever shot medium format? Have you ever carried a MF rig around for an hour or more? Why not large format? The quality and DoF on 4x5 makes medium format look like a cheap Holga. Imagine a 3fps sheet feeder...

I know this: I would much rather use 35mm/APS in a fast moving setting. They're smaller and lighter. In the shot you describe, narrow DOF is the devil you are constantly fighting against. You also need reach so you're not a distracting element - 50mm in APS is equivalent to 120mm on MF, 120mm on APS is 300mm on MF. That's a heavy rig to tote at a wedding.

I didn't pose my question to start a pissing match. I'm curious to hear from people, possessing real-world experience with MF, who actually might have a real-world need for 2+ fps in medium format.

That is why I asked. Okay?
First, sorry for being little bit ruder than i should.
Second yes i cared MF rig for several weeks like a street camera. 4x5 is cool, but silver prices a constantly going up so it’s harder to push it in my budget .
02-24-2014, 10:27 AM   #24

I could see live view happening, the big question is will it have video