Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2014, 06:46 AM   #1

Loose viewfinder

On my 645 the viewfinder has become "loose". I can stabilize it by pressing my eye to the cup and focus will be good, but I know something inside is loose and want to fix it. I have taken the finder out of the body and the culprit seems to be the internal housing. I cannot see an access to tighten the housing without possibly going in from under the screen above the mirror, which I do not feel comfortable in doing. Any one else have/had this problem and if so what did you do about it. Thanks up front!

07-02-2014, 02:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Going to bump this thread b/c I have the same issue. Doesn't seem to affect focusing, other than being a bit annoying... but that being said, would be curious if there is a fix
08-13-2015, 12:06 PM   #3

I have the same problem but it is really loose now and almost unusable. I am afraid it might break something inside the camera. If anyone has a solution to the issue, please share it.
08-19-2015, 01:29 AM   #4

I searched for someone to fix it but it seems there is no one here in Sofia to fix film cameras any more. Well there might be, but I don't know how to find him and I don't feel like searching. So I decided to glue the mada faka the old school way. I focused the viewfinder for my eyesight and then used modeling glue - several drops on the upper half. And it is ok for now but I will see what will happen and write again. The thing I am afraid of is it might affect the way I focus at the lens but I don't think there is any difference in its position of the viewfinder than before. I just have to bring some glue with me when I go outside
I also don't think it will be a problem if I find a better solution to do it but it works for now.

08-19-2015, 12:27 PM   #5

I had a 645 for a short time, too. It was used by a professional photograher before, and the view finder was loose, too. There is a workaround: Turn the dioptry correction once in the right position (as you have to remove the woraround to turn it again), and then fill the gap to the camery body by a small piece of an ordinary rubber band. Should be easy to find a matching one in those big sets of different shapes you normally buy them in. Might be the resuliting image in the viewfinder is no longer 100% in the middle of the frame and some borders not shown in the view finder become samller than others. But the change was certainly not big in my case, easy to correct when mounting the slides in the frame.