Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2014, 03:37 PM   #16

I've just bought F-Stop Kenti for my Hasselblad system (planning to replace it with 645Z if I'm lucky) - I can fit on one side Hasselblad 501 with Leaf back, 80mm lens, PME-51 prism finder and lens hood all attached. In the other compartment I have another 2 lenses (50 and 150) and Fuji X-Pro1 with one lens attached. At the back, in the storage for water, I can put 13" MBA, inside iPad and additional gear or books and a raincoat. In the front pocket are batteries, cards and Lee Filters poach. It looks very well built and comes apart from the central divider (to split the camera chamber into two parts), 6 additional dividers which can be arranged as desired. I will test it next week on a few day trip, forecast doesn't look that great with some rain so I will report back on how it felt and how it held over that period of time (should be a bit of hiking and some city strolling).

04-27-2014, 05:13 PM   #17
Forum Member

I have found a Osprey Farpoint 40 to be ideal. I use a Think Tank belt system for my lenses and I just have a generic padded insert for the camera. Great suspension system and light.

05-04-2014, 05:10 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
9-day field test of Lowepro Flipside 400AW

Hi all!

Thank you for all your suggestions!

I bought the Lowepro Flipside 400AW, and now I've been field testing it in the Chinese mountain areas of HuNan and GuanXi provinces. It was loaded with: 645D, DFA55/2.8, A35/3.5, A120/4 Macro, 645 1.4 RC, K-3, DA20-40Ltd and DA15/4Ltd. Plus all the extra batteries etc. It worked very well, and the integrated rain cover was a great feature. It was easy to carry while hiking in the mountains. I can recommend this backpack!
05-05-2014, 08:30 AM   #19

I have a Lowepro 400 and 600 which have been very useful; for lighter weight more compact scenarios, a Booq Python pack, which is nominally designed for DSLR's but works fine for the 645 and my main lenses.

05-06-2014, 04:33 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by hexx Quote
I've just bought F-Stop Kenti for my Hasselblad system (planning to replace it with 645Z if I'm lucky) - I can fit on one side Hasselblad 501 with Leaf back, 80mm lens, PME-51 prism finder and lens hood all attached. In the other compartment I have another 2 lenses (50 and 150) and Fuji X-Pro1 with one lens attached. At the back, in the storage for water, I can put 13" MBA, inside iPad and additional gear or books and a raincoat. In the front pocket are batteries, cards and Lee Filters poach. It looks very well built and comes apart from the central divider (to split the camera chamber into two parts), 6 additional dividers which can be arranged as desired. I will test it next week on a few day trip, forecast doesn't look that great with some rain so I will report back on how it felt and how it held over that period of time (should be a bit of hiking and some city strolling).
Update after the trip:

Bag: F-Stop Gear Kenti
Loaded with:
Left compartment: Hasselblad 501 + Leaf Aptus 75S + PME51 (prism finder) + Hasselblad 50/4 Fle lens + hood
Right compartment: Hasselblad 150/4 lens, Fuji X-Pro1 + 18/2 lens with hood, Sigma DP2 Merrill
Top: small camera bag (Rapid SnapR for Sigma), Mamiya 6MF + 50/4 lens, jumper, book
Back: 13" MacBook Air
Front: batteries, memory cards, Lee Filters 3-filter pouch, few rolls of 120 film, lens pen and other bits
Side: attached tripod

I've done city walking and 3 hour hike with all that gear loaded. The backpack is very comfortable and can be easily adjusted to one's needs. The straps, belt strap and back are all very well padded. It survived light rain and protected gear well from shocks and one nasty hit (it fell from the table on the floor).