Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2014, 07:35 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
645d status screen

I just got in my 645d this weekend and one thing wasn't covered: I inserted an SD card and took several photos but the status screen would not go off until I left it alone for 30 seconds. But when I focused or touched the shutter button the status screen lit up for another 30 seconds. The manual said I had to press DISP to make status appear and that was all it said about it. This wasn't a deal breaker but it seemed this could become annoying at some point. But when I inserted the SECOND SD card the status screen acted as I thought it should. Hey Pentax, how about a memo with that fact, eh?

03-16-2014, 08:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Congratulations on your new baby. Will you be passing out cigars?
03-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #3
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The status screen is probably on for as long as the meter is on. You can set the meter operating time in cutstom menu, item no. 4.

Turn off the Guide Dispaly in the Record Menu page 1.

If this doesn't help then look for a setting to turn off the Status Screen. I don't remember if there is one, but the K-7 (with which the 645D has many similarities software wise) has that setting in the Record Menu.
03-17-2014, 06:18 PM   #4
Veteran Member

the key here is to tell each sd slot what you want it to do. Shoot raw or jpg or be off or on standby. It sounds as if you had both sd ports set to shoot, but you only put one card in one slot. So, you will get a mandatory warning until you either turn the slot off or stuff something in it....much like another situation in life.

03-19-2014, 03:59 PM   #5
KGH

Original Poster
672: That is spot on. Once I inserted the second SD card it shut up, but I see now that if I had just told the camera to treat SD2 as "off" this would have solved my problem and it would quit expecting something. Loving the camera though! I used it just a little so far, but really impressed. I'll try putting up some images once I get something I feel I need to share