Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-15-2014, 11:28 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
NCN :The Shocking Truth Behind The Pentax 645z

The Shocking Truth Behind The Pentax 645z.

04-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #2
Pentaxian

NCN always delivers the funnies
04-21-2014, 08:45 AM   #3
Pentaxian

OH NO, now that this has been made public... Pentax is doomed. No mention that Nikon D800s regularly are fed the D600s that can no longer be sold in China, or that Canon 5D mrkIIIs regular are fed Canon 5dmrkIIs. (Canikonibals). Once again more propaganda from the publishing industry trying to make it like Pentax isn't as good as the others, or is doing something the others don't. I do feel a little sorry for those little Q's however. Everybody has cameras existing in inhumane conditions due to the downturn in the camera industry.
But there's a solution, each of us should make an effort to find a K-3 or a 645Z a good home. Save the Q's, buy a 645Z.

Last edited by normhead; 04-21-2014 at 09:26 AM.
04-21-2014, 09:19 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just as preppers stockpile MRE's against the collapse they are sure is coming, I stockpiled Q/02 Kits against . . . . I dunno . . . . . . something or other.

04-21-2014, 09:59 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yeah we know. You're trying to starve the 645s!
04-21-2014, 11:46 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Just as preppers stockpile MRE's against the collapse they are sure is coming, I stockpiled Q/02 Kits against . . . . I dunno . . . . . . something or other.
Just be sure and rotate your Qs on a monthly basis: set up a schedule and take one out and replace your previously used one at the back of the line.
This way all will be tested and ready when the Big One hits (it's a California thing.)
04-22-2014, 07:50 AM   #7
Veteran Member

So how many Qs are needed if I want to grow a 645Z at home? My wife has been quite successful with home cultured yogurt so don't think it should be too much trouble. And second hand Qs are really cheap now!

04-22-2014, 11:03 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Just be sure and rotate your Qs on a monthly basis: set up a schedule and take one out and replace your previously used one at the back of the line.
This way all will be tested and ready when the Big One hits (it's a California thing.)
Good advice. Regarding the Big One - don't forget this is the land of New Madrid.
04-22-2014, 11:08 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by revdocjim Quote
So how many Qs are needed if I want to grow a 645Z at home? My wife has been quite successful with home cultured yogurt so don't think it should be too much trouble. And second hand Qs are really cheap now!
If I put a used 645D in a dark closet at 55° for the summer months will it bloom as a 645z next February?
04-22-2014, 11:35 AM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by revdocjim Quote
My question as well. I suspect it may be harder than yogurt though, maybe somewhere more like Kombucha. Now that the news is out, I would expect the aftermarket for Qs to explode.

Steve

(I should not have said anything. I can hear my K-3 downstairs ululating its mirror in anticipation...)
04-22-2014, 11:51 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I can hear my K-3 downstairs ululating its mirror in anticipation...)
So the K3 Crazy Mirror Sickness is realy an Owner Camera Abuse thing? They're not feeding their K3's enough Q's and the poor little dSLR's are crying our for dinner then?
04-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #12
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
So the K3 Crazy Mirror Sickness is realy an Owner Camera Abuse thing? They're not feeding their K3's enough Q's and the poor little dSLR's are crying our for dinner then?
That is my assumption as well. My K-3 is going to have to suffer through it. I have no funds to purchase Qs just to keep its tummy from growling. I offered it my Zorki 4K instead, but the response was not pretty.

Steve
04-22-2014, 12:53 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That is my assumption as well. My K-3 is going to have to suffer through it. I have no funds to purchase Qs just to keep its tummy from growling. I offered it my Zorki 4K instead, but the response was not pretty.

Steve
I got by on Ramen Noodles for most of my college. My K3 can just deal with all those old Kodak 110 snappers and Film PnS things in the backs of drawers. There must be hundreds of them around my house and they're still perfectly fine cameras. I will NOT raise a K3 on a diet of Q's.
04-22-2014, 12:59 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Maybe we can feed them with all those 80s/90s Pentax/Ricoh cameras that have electronic shutters that break down... I have 3 of them myself, but my K20D is on a diet, I don't think she's fat but when she looks at the K5s and K500s she feels old and fat... what can you do.
04-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I don't think she's fat but when she looks at the K5s and K500s she feels old and fat... what can you do.
The older they are the more there is to hold on to. And wasn't it always, "Just Hold a Pentax?"

Now a 645z starts all tall and muscular, with bulges and handles and knobs in all the interesting places.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-22-2014 at 04:25 PM.