Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2014, 07:18 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by funkysmurf Quote
I routinely use the D4 with the 200mm lens for hours at a time
The nikkor 200mm f/2G ED VR is an image stabilized lens, there is only one stabilized lens for the 645D - the 90mm f/2.8 macro. Also the D4s is a 16 megapixel camera, the 645D having 40Mp at its disposal will put considerable strain on your technique. For photographers like me, I have no problem hand holding the 645D in the studio and on bright sunny days but sometimes you still have to use bracing techniques, monopods and of course: tripods especially when using long lenses like the 645 A*600mm f/5.6 ED [IF]

QuoteOriginally posted by funkysmurf Quote
've been trying to find a store with a demo 645D but no one seems to have one.
you're having trouble finding one in in Sydney? There are a few stores ion Adelaide that have 645Ds.

05-18-2014, 08:31 PM   #47

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
...you're having trouble finding one in in Sydney? There are a few stores ion Adelaide that have 645Ds.
Yeah. Couldn't even buy one now if I wanted to try it first. The stores that I called so far are telling me three things: no stock, no demo, special order in only.
DCW, Georges, Ted's, DDP, Paxtons,CH, Dirt Cheap Cameras. I guess those who had them sent theirs back to the distributor when the 645Z was announced.