Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2014, 08:13 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Price is Relative: New Pentax 645Z

The online photographer has (very positive) discussion on Pentax 645Z.
The Online Photographer: Price Is Relative (The New Pentax 645Z)

05-02-2014, 08:47 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Someone commenter believes you can only get the lenses in the used market and Mike didn't make an 'Ed.' to the Comment. Pentax reportedly has 17 lenses either in current production or in inventory as new production. 16 of those are available in the USA now.

Ricoh has serious marketing work to do
05-04-2014, 04:00 PM   #3

I'm a 645D owner since the early days, paid the original price, and consider it money well spent. Prior to Ricoh coming on board, and these recent developments, (the availability of FA series lens directly in the USA, instead of using eBay to buy used or through Asia, and the introduction of the 645Z) I was pondering whether I should buy another 645D at the current lower price just to protect my investment in 645 and 67 series lenses. Well, now I have an upgrade path, instead of a hedging path for the future, and I'm happy. I do also shoot 35mm when I need more portability, but that's another whole can of worms, involving some careful decisions for the present and future (like not buying lenses that are not full frame capable).

I figure Christmas will be about the right time to slip a 645Z under the tree- followed by the new 90mm macro before I go to Antarctica in March.

We all have our reasoning and methods- it's just a matter of what works for you, and what works for me. nothing says they have to be the same.