Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2014, 10:53 AM   #1
Inactive Account

pentax 645d problem.

I have a pentax 645d. when i press the shutter the sound is not very pleasing, it looks not smooth at all and i have also experienced a little delay in the capture, like a fraction of second more, i f i shoot a car the car is photographer one meter forward than its real position, or where i thought i caught it.
in addiction i have the two ls lenses, and i experience always dark frame. maybe i use them wrongly but cannot take photo with speed only in the o position.
what do you think guys?

05-12-2014, 01:20 PM   #2

It sounds to me like the 645D shutter is failing. I had a failed shutter in one of my 645D's, and it started out more or less like you described -- a bad shutter sound, occasional delays in exposing the shot, black frames, wildly inaccurate exposures in other frames as the shutter would stick open or closed, false firings of the shutter, etc. If this is the case for you, you will have to send the camera to Pentax for servicing. My shutter replacement was done under warranty, but I was quoted a $1000 CDN cost if warranty had not covered it...
05-12-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Royce Howland Quote
It sounds to me like the 645D shutter is failing. I had a failed shutter in one of my 645D's, and it started out more or less like you described -- a bad shutter sound, occasional delays in exposing the shot, black frames, wildly inaccurate exposures in other frames as the shutter would stick open or closed, false firings of the shutter, etc. If this is the case for you, you will have to send the camera to Pentax for servicing. My shutter replacement was done under warranty, but I was quoted a $1000 CDN cost if warranty had not covered it...
thanks it sound a bad situation.
my camera is not under warranty. but the shutter is 25000 click and the camera is advertised for 50000, don't know if this is important, but i expect they change it free or i don't see the point of guarantee a 50k shutter live.