Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-27-2014, 07:06 AM   #1

VIP Pentax 645Z Day | Calumet Academy

Was anyone there today?
Has anyone real photos comparing Z with 645D (on same subject if posssible)?

05-27-2014, 07:30 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FYI: The 645Z is still in preproduction firmware (the one I played with on Sunday was firmware 0.6), so images from the camera are not supposed to be posted or compared to... hence the demo units have SD slots taped closed.
05-27-2014, 10:53 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
FYI: The 645Z is still in preproduction firmware (the one I played with on Sunday was firmware 0.6), so images from the camera are not supposed to be posted or compared to... hence the demo units have SD slots taped closed.
Thanks. So 30 days countdown.
05-28-2014, 07:14 AM   #4

Well I had a good session here today and checked out all the functions I use on my Canon 5d3, and my phase one p30+ back. I have to say I was really impressed in the job it did melding the functions of both those cameras in the areas I was interested in. i.e.: Live view and magnification, spirit levels, viewfinder and screen usability, high ISO, HD, plus much more. It won't replace the Canon for the high speed focussing stuff but will replace it for interiors, landscapes and still life stuff as far as my work goes, and I can finally retire my p30+ after many years of sterling work. Well done Pentax, please deliver my camera soon!

05-28-2014, 09:29 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by snapper99 Quote
Well I had a good session here today and checked out all the functions I use on my Canon 5d3, and my phase one p30+ back. I have to say I was really impressed in the job it did melding the functions of both those cameras in the areas I was interested in. i.e.: Live view and magnification, spirit levels, viewfinder and screen usability, high ISO, HD, plus much more. It won't replace the Canon for the high speed focussing stuff but will replace it for interiors, landscapes and still life stuff as far as my work goes, and I can finally retire my p30+ after many years of sterling work. Well done Pentax, please deliver my camera soon!
This is great to hear, especially from someone who is using the gear you do the way you do. More and more confirmation that this is the camera for which I have been waiting more than a decade.
05-28-2014, 05:04 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snapper99 Quote
Yes Im also a Canon 5D3 user looking to get the 645Z, I was wondering about live view zoom also, and bracketing features on the Z. I can't wait to see some RAW files to see how this new CMOS sensor's Dynamic Range compares to say the Sony A7r or D800 in shadow/highlight recovery. At the moment, the Canon is falling behind in that department.

Tom
05-28-2014, 09:29 PM - 1 Like   #7

I wonder if it will be good enough to take pictures of my cat? … I wonder if I should get a cat first?

05-28-2014, 10:27 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by hsteeves Quote
I wonder if it will be good enough to take pictures of my cat? … I wonder if I should get a cat first?
Perhaps get a cat based on the following criteria:
- lots of fine detail and texture
- subtle yet complex colour palette

All to assist in testing the new 645Z that you know you want to buy......
05-29-2014, 04:50 AM - 2 Likes   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hsteeves Quote
I have a cat I could sell you, never used(for photography), so mint. Don't need it, as I have a brick wall.
05-29-2014, 08:12 AM   #10

its either get the cat or fly to Iceland because where I live just doesn't measure up to the picture taking qualities of the 645Z. The one time I was in Iceland my photos were crap but I did like the food, which seems to be opposite to what other photographers who go there experience. I would hope the 645Z would help with the first part of that statement.
05-30-2014, 07:56 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Whether rare or not, the 645Z won't tickle the taste buds. I've got a cat and a brick wall, but I'm not selling either. Waiting for the 645Z to land behind my wall and copulate with my 645 lenses
05-30-2014, 06:51 PM   #12

just grabbed a few 67 lenses. I have a couple of official Pentax adapters so I'm looking for mutants … I'm fortunate that I whine well so I have been told I am getting one quickly. We will see. Hmmm … maybe I should just do selfies ...
05-31-2014, 02:55 PM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by Thomasbrowphoto Quote
Yes Im also a Canon 5D3 user looking to get the 645Z, I was wondering about live view zoom also, and bracketing features on the Z. I can't wait to see some RAW files to see how this new CMOS sensor's Dynamic Range compares to say the Sony A7r or D800 in shadow/highlight recovery. At the moment, the Canon is falling behind in that department.

Tom
Live view zoom is as easy as 5d3. Didn't try bracketing as I usually do that manually.
06-26-2014, 03:34 AM   #14

Original Poster
Holy s***! My Z will arrive next week. Finally :-)
06-26-2014, 06:02 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dgdb Quote
Holy s***! My Z will arrive next week. Finally :-)
So, where are you, and where did you order it from? (If I may ask.) Just curious, because B&H won't say anything about my order...