Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2014, 01:42 AM   #1

alternative straps for 67/645

Hi

After a 67 and a 645 I now got further body - a 6x7 - but I have two straps only. Therefore it is time to look for a source.

The original belts are quite expensive and the strap itself could be better for a heavy camera like the 6x7.

On Amazone I found the folloing offer: OP/TECH USA Super Pro Strap - Design B

Does anybody have experiences with these belts on a 6x7/67/645 and is version B the right choice?

05-31-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The OpTech straps are excellent. Yes, Version B is the correct fit for the Pentax 67 / 6x7. If you do not want to be troubled by the rather unwieldly thick and floppy section of OpTech strap, disconnect it and just connect the two black sections*. This way you have a very convenient and secure 'haul-up' strap for the camera which will not get in the way like the big strap can. I have had this attached to my 67 since I bought it years ago as I too was mortified by the price of the original Pentax strap (e.g. around $50 then another $50 postage ... seriously!!!?). The design of the clips for attachment to the camera is also much better than Pentax's own because it is impossible for any abrasion to be caused to the body — no big deal to a lot of photographers, but it matters to me! Go for it.

where your hand/fingers can potentially unhook it when picking
up the camera, leading to ... well, you really don't want to know
what could happen...
05-31-2014, 05:07 PM   #3

I have the OpTech strap and use it on both my 645n and 67. works great. I like the fact that the sholder area is wider than a normal strap
05-31-2014, 05:15 PM   #4
Forum Member

I used this for my 645D and Horseman SW612. Very comfortable.

Tamrac N-27 Boomerang Quick Release Strap (Black) N-2701 B&H

It is about the only strap I can wear around my neck all day with a heavy camera and not get a headache from the pressure at the back of the neck.

06-01-2014, 12:17 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you for your advice

@Hakusan: I think fixation methode of the 645d is different
06-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have a OPTech strap with the 'Pro B' attachments, you can get different 'middle' bits of the strap to attach the ends to. With mine I decided to zip-tie both sides of each plastic buckle together to stop them accidentally 'un-buckling'. That said, I'm now switching to the original Pentax straps and using two pairs of lugs on one strap for each of my 6x7 bodies (although not cheap to source).

John.