Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #1

4x5 adapter plate problem

Hi
I just received a
645 D Moveable Adapter Plate for 4 x 5 Large Format Cameras from E-bay. I opened the package and it looked pretty good, clean and well made. The only problem is it won't fit on my 645D. The box says 645. On the edge of the piece it says: FOR 35mm MOUNT." It seems to fit ...but will not lock into place. Has anyone had this experience. Could I be putting in on wrong? I have open a case on E-bay. Any advice.

Thanks

06-05-2014, 01:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

From the eBay description:

"If you have a 4x5 Large Format Camera and want to take digital pictures in high resolution then edit and save them, this adapter plate will be the best solution. It's a must of such professional photography. With this moveable adapter plate you can easily connect your 4x5 Large Format Camera with the Pentax K-5, K-7, K-10D, K-200D etc Camera and then use it freely."

It seems the auction title doesn't match the description. The adapter plate is made for the APS-C camera bodies, not the 645D or 645N. At least that's what I conclude from the description and the pictures...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/645-D-Moveable-Adapter-Plate-for-4-x-5-Large-Format-...item2319ba57b6
06-06-2014, 11:36 AM   #3

Original Poster
I think your correct. The adapter they sent me was intended for the APS-C Pentax bodies. But are there adapters made as described for Pentax 645? if so has anyone used one? Do they work? I have sent the seller a picture showing the 35mm mount marking on the adapter they sold me. But I still wonder if the right one is out there.
06-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think they sent the wrong plate; if you look at the adapter on the plate in the linked page, it says "for Pentax 645" (use the zoom on the picture). Keep us updated please.

Here's another listing for the K-5. Is this what you have?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moveable-Adapter-Plate-for-4-x-5-Large-Format-Camera...item25791e2aa9

06-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #5

Original Poster
I think you are right. But what bothers me is the fact that the 35mm mark was covered in red ink. I sent them the photo as per their request and I am waiting for their response.
Attached Images

06-20-2014, 04:58 PM   #6

Original Poster
After many e-mails back and forth with the dealer, they admitted that the plate was difficult to put on. They offered to give me a $25.00 rebate. I decided to eat the postage and send it back. I am still waiting for the part to arrive and hopefully receive my refund.