Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2014, 06:44 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
Good suppliers will not charge your card until they ship.
That's not the point. Of course they don't. The point is, if you are # 125 in the pre-sell queue, and all that supplier gets is 124, you don't get the equipment, even if you are ready to pay. They can't sell you what they don't have and can't get.

06-07-2014, 11:41 AM   #17
Forum Member

Well, if the first production runs sell out, Pentax will do a second. You will get your camera.
06-07-2014, 01:09 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Hakusan Quote
Well, if the first production runs sell out, Pentax will do a second. You will get your camera.
It isn't quite so simple as that.

The first Planned production run might well be complete. The production facility Plan might well have been to use that line and assemblers for something else.

There has been a rumor floating around that Pentax has altered production plans for other products (perhaps even something noteworthy they had planned to release this year) to accommodate the demand for the 645z.
06-07-2014, 09:46 PM   #19
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
It isn't quite so simple as that.

The first Planned production run might well be complete. The production facility Plan might well have been to use that line and assemblers for something else.

There has been a rumor floating around that Pentax has altered production plans for other products (perhaps even something noteworthy they had planned to release this year) to accommodate the demand for the 645z.
If the product is still about a month away from release, then the line is still up. If the initial demand has already sold out, then they can adjust accordingly. I am sure Pentax can handle product demand. I am also sure that can handle the other products.

06-08-2014, 12:46 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Posted in the infamous DPR, that the entire production run of 645Z's is already pre-sold out. Can anyone confirm, or (hopefully) contradict this rumor? Apparently a Euro source.
For the "source" don´t look at dpreview but at PentaxForums:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/142-deutsch/249287-suche-jemand-mit-penta...ml#post2834757

In this case the "source" is me and I am not a "source" but I made a notice of a talk I made at a inhouse fair last week with the rep who is responsible for the 645Z dealer instructions in Germany:

QuoteQuote:
Also bei Pentax-Stand bin ich erstmal vorbeigelaufen - "Pentax" und das einprägsame Pentax-Logo taucht nicht mehr im Standdesign auf. Am Stand waren nur Kompakt-und dSLR Kameras im "Angebot".
Immerhin konnte ich mit einem Mitarbeiter sprechen der nach eigenem Bekunden für die Händler Schulung der 645Z zuständig ist.

_ Die 645Z Produktion ist bis Jahresende weltweit ausverkauft. Vor allem im Austro-Pazifischen Raum und den USA soll es regelrecht einen 645Z Boom geben, so dass Kunden die Kameras unbesehen kaufen (!!??)

_ Ricoh D bekommt heuer etwa soviele Kameras zugeteilt das für jeden Pentax Premium Händler etwa 2 Exemplare übrigbelieben.

_ Er selbst rechnet das die Demokameras für das Ricoh Team erst während der Photokina zur Verfügung stehen - Beim tingeln durch die Hausmessen wird also erst nach September eine Demokamera zur Verfügung stehen.

---------- Post added 06-08-2014 at 09:59 AM ----------

My essaie of an english translation:

I attended last week an inhouse fair called Minikina in Wiesbaden Germany, and was able to speak to an employee who said that he was responsible for the training of the future 645Z dealers. The employee made the following statements:

_The whole production of 645Z cameras until the end of the year has already been sold out worldwide. There seems to be a real 645Z boom, especially in the austro-pacific region and in the USA, so that the customers buy the cameras without trying them out (!!??)

_This year, Ricoh Germany will receive only as many 645Z cameras that there will remain only approx. 2 copies per Pentax premium dealer.

_The employee himself expects that the demo cameras for the Ricoh team will only be available as from Photokina [Sept 23-28. 2014] on. Therefore, for house exhibitions, there won't be any demo camera until after September.
---
(I don´t know if austro-pacific is the right expression - but I meant the region of East Asia (Japan, Taiwan, China , Singapore....) and Australia )

The employee also told that for the recent dealer instructions he made - he had only a preproduction sample of the 645z .
I realy don´t think that he was telling me some wrong - but I don´t think this notice of a talk should should be a "source" .
06-08-2014, 02:42 AM   #21
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by veraikon Quote
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/142-deutsch/249287-suche-jemand-mit-penta...ml#post2834757

In this case the "source" is me and I am not a "source" but I made a notice of a talk I made at a inhouse fair last week with the rep who is responsible for the 645Z dealer instructions in Germany:

I attended last week an inhouse fair called Minikina in Wiesbaden Germany, and was able to speak to an employee who said that he was responsible for the training of the future 645Z dealers. The employee made the following statements:

_The whole production of 645Z cameras until the end of the year has already been sold out worldwide. There seems to be a real 645Z boom, especially in the austro-pacific region and in the USA, so that the customers buy the cameras without trying them out (!!??)

_This year, Ricoh Germany will receive only as many 645Z cameras that there will remain only approx. 2 copies per Pentax premium dealer.

_The employee himself expects that the demo cameras for the Ricoh team will only be available as from Photokina [Sept 23-28. 2014] on. Therefore, for house exhibitions, there won't be any demo camera until after September.
---
(I don´t know if austro-pacific is the right expression - but I meant the region of East Asia (Japan, Taiwan, China , Singapore....) and Australia )

The employee also told that for the recent dealer instructions he made - he had only a preproduction sample of the 645z .
I realy don´t think that he was telling me some wrong - but I don´t think this notice of a talk should should be a "source" .
I think what you meant to say was Asia Pacific region.

You are right to say that demand of such cameras are really high. I spoken to a few dealers who said that they had a few on the order down under and advised me to put a deposit ASAP.
06-08-2014, 12:16 PM   #22
Veteran Member

I was impressed with the initial reports on this new large-sensor beast ... Seems to have incorporated a few features from the k3 , making it a little more 'dslr-like' and versatile. Got to be good news for onward sales surely?

06-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tobyshootspentax Quote
If Pentax were doomed, as you put it, people wouldn't buy anything from them at all, but that seems obviously not to be the case if a camera that went on sale not long ago has already sold out. What makes you think they're doomed?
You haven't been here long enough ... after a while, you'll see many "Pentax is doomed" reiterations in many threads.

Nothing to be concerned about.

JP
06-08-2014, 02:35 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by veraikon Quote

---

Thank, you, veraikon! Although it doesn't make me fell any better......
06-08-2014, 03:27 PM   #25
Veteran Member

If you want to feel better, remember that those was the words of a seller. I would take it with some grains of salt.

And even it is entirely true, the waiting time for you could be of some month, maybe 6, or 8. Until the end, you will know for sore if this expensive camera is what you need, or not.

I did it with K-3. And after some month of waiting and reading everything on the web, in March I've decided to buy a K-5IIs, and to wait for some ''post K-3'' cameras. And I know that I'm not the only one.
06-09-2014, 07:41 AM   #26

But now you are able to appraise it, you know the context - and you know I am _not_ a "very reliable source" (c) @ DPR
And most important it shows the special situation in Germany - may be Pentax/Ricoh USA was more confident and has ordered more than two specimen per Pentax Premium dealer

Best whishes to Baltimore from todays hotest spot in Germany (35oC)

VI
06-09-2014, 07:47 AM   #27
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
What this post from DPR says is that the 2014 production run was sold, not the whole. And another previous rumor was that this year production run, about 2000 pieces, was bought by institutions from Japan, which is possible, theoretically, considering the price of the competitors MF cameras.

But this are just rumors. And, maybe a little marketing behind them.
This simply makes sence. The 645z is to be expected to sell good at the start, as the 645D was also. Probably lots of owners off the 645D upgrade to the new cameramodel, since it does bring them enough new futures to do so. The succes off the 645z will be messured when sales of it are still strong in 2016 and the camera gets its way into the professional market for fashion.
06-20-2014, 05:39 AM   #28
Pentaxian

I have just preordered mine from SRS microsystems in UK, and the camera will be in stock from Friday next week, so will either be picking it up before or after a trip to Marrakech....Other suppliers are getting different responses. Calumet UK told me that it will be a few weeks before they get stock, Park Cameras say early July.
06-21-2014, 03:18 AM   #29
Forum Member

What I know, my dealer in California only has one ordered so far for a client and they are a very big store. Here in the UK there is only one other person in my area (1.8 million) who has ordered one. Pentax started shipping the cameras from Japan on June 13th.
My two cents

Rob
06-24-2014, 11:30 AM   #30

I just got a email from my guy at B&H

According to our buyer for this camera 645z, we should be getting one for in-store display sometime in July, however I cannot provide a specific date.