Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-25-2014, 11:09 AM   #31
Forum Member

Even Jp is overbooked.

?RICOH IMAGING

06-26-2014, 11:02 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Mine has arrived in the store a day early. Didn't get the message until after the store shut so will be picking it up in the morning.....

Ironically I was driving at the time the call came in and was only 20 miles away. I had forgotten to connect my phone to bluetooth car kit....

Last edited by itshimitis; 06-26-2014 at 11:08 AM.
06-26-2014, 11:52 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Why would a production run be stopped, before the first camera is delivered. I once saw an article about the National Enquirer. 10 guys sit down in a room with a case of beer, and look at current events and then come up with the wildest scenario they can based on those events. They pay Scientists or Psychics or whatever to be listed as the author of these speculations, so they have a headline that says ""10 scientists agree sugar helps you lose weight." When the original article said, "controlling your sugar intake can help you lose weight."

The guys at DPR sat down with a case of beer, saw all the pre-orders happening and someone said "how many of those were they planning to make?" And someone else said "you think they'll have enough to fill the pre-orders?"

It would be a mystery where the suggestion came from, if it wasn't so obvious.
06-26-2014, 12:03 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Why would a production run be stopped, before the first camera is delivered. . . .
The guys at DPR sat down with a case of beer, saw all the pre-orders happening and someone said "how many of those were they planning to make?" And someone else said "you think they'll have enough to fill the pre-orders?"

It would be a mystery where the suggestion came from, if it wasn't so obvious.
Some months ago I wrote that I'd heard resources were shifted from the FF project to fulfilling unprecedented demand for the 645z, which might push back the introduction of the FF into 2015. Replies to that post were universally . . . . critical. Demand wasn't exceptional. Production had been set aside. Delaying FF again = PentaxIsDoomed™. You are a turncoat.

Some persons even wrote I should just shut up and stop trying to act like an expert. (I'm not).

Well - maybe I should. But it sure feels like the chorus has picked up the melody I was singing.

06-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #35
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Pentax is Doomed . . . . . . DOOMED!
Actually, that's "Pentax is doomed. Doomed I say................ DOOMED!"
06-26-2014, 01:24 PM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Some months ago I wrote that I'd heard resources were shifted from the FF project to fulfilling unprecedented demand for the 645z, which might push back the introduction of the FF into 2015. Replies to that post were universally . . . . critical. Demand wasn't exceptional. Production had been set aside. Delaying FF again = PentaxIsDoomed™. You are a turncoat.

Some persons even wrote I should just shut up and stop trying to act like an expert. (I'm not).

Well - maybe I should. But it sure feels like the chorus has picked up the melody I was singing.
It's lonely being right all the time.