Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
08-27-2020, 09:54 AM - 1 Like   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Have you tried the Pentax 1.4X Rear Converter with the 120 or 90 macro? It fits the 120, not sure about the 90. Do you find the 90 handles stopping down past f14 better than the 120?

Do you prefer the Irix 150 over the Sigma 180 for image quality, or other reasons?
Thanks,
barondla
no, never tried the teleconverter... if they invent one that doesn't degrade image quality, i'll be all over it. past f14 they're both suffering but i think the 90 is better at f10-14... plus it's great at 2.8, and wr. the 90 really reminds me of the da*300 on ff... doesn't really do anything wrong. the image stablization on the 90 is good.

the irix is shorter (if you need to use a flash/diffuser, lens doesn't block the light as much if the subject is close), weather sealed, handles ca better, faster, cheaper, more flare resistant, readily available, and better at f10 on. the sigma is no slouch though, and sometimes i think it produces more vibrant greens. if you're pointed towards the sun, even with the hood, the sigma can lose contrast.

08-30-2020, 12:02 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
I finally received both the Canon T3 so-called "Cable Release Adapter" as well as the Canon RA-E3 Cable supposedly with a fitting adapter to trigger Pentax cameras. No cable release can be threaded into the T3 adapter, making it totally useless. Then the T3 and RA-E3 cables don't mesh at all so these purchases were to no avail. With one hand, I use a normal cable release located on the front standard to close the lens diaphragm, then trigger the shutter with my second hand and that's what I'll continue to do for the moment. $@#%&!

Regards
Hey, Richard, I might have a solution for you, if you know how to solder. I use a modified Nikon AR-10 release. I am changing the original 2p (two pole) electrical cable for a three wire one (actually a 4p +ground I had lying around for split humbucker guitar pickups because the 2p +g I have are too stiff) and an appropriate 2.5 mm stereo, right angle plug for my K-5. The 645D and Z should have the same plug.

08-30-2020, 02:27 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My brother is the handyman in the family. When I get my alternate T3 cable from the U.K., I'll see if it fits with the RA-E3 and if it doesn't, we'll perform a little "surgery" to create the desired result. Thanks for your kind attention.

Regards