Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2014, 02:46 AM   #1
Forum Member

Quick introduction

Hi my name is Rob.
I'm a working professional and have come around to Pentax by way of the overpriced competition in the CMOS MF field.
I'm liking what I have seen so far and worried a small amount about stepping into uncharted waters with the new 645z. I used to use Pentax in the early 90's; shooting wind surfing and action sports on a 67. I think I recently came across some old RHP that I would push a stop to use the 400/4.
Anyhow I look forward to testing the camera in the coming weeks and sharing what I find out with everyone. I have already picked up a couple of lenses to test with, the 35mm A and a 45-85 FA. I have an assistant in Japan keeping his eyes open for a 25 as well.
If anyone else has any suggestions or tips, please let me know.
Thanks
Rob

Last edited by photolady95; 06-15-2014 at 03:01 AM.
06-15-2014, 03:26 AM   #2

Welcome Rob. The 645Z looks very interesting, and I'm eager to get my hands on one as well, coming from ~3.5 years of using the 645D. The A 35mm and FA 45-85mm are both workhorse lenses in my kit; on the wide end I have the DA 25mm as well. They've all been great on my D, and hopefully should perform equally well on the new Z.

I've charted the waters quite thoroughly for my purposes with the 645D, mostly as a camera for landscape, travel, architecture and even some street work. Some people are concerned about the possible change in "look" between the CMOS Z and the D with its CCD, but aside from that I don't really foresee any downside to the Z for my uses. There are several considerable upsides.

Looking forward to your results...