Photos: Gallery
The apology was pretty well written.

06-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Thomas Quote
Seems he has received his apology and is backing off :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mingthein/14450843694/
Sending a letter of apology for the misuse of an image by a subcontractor = professional and personal.

Posting that letter of apology on flickr to show how important you think you are = unprofessional and sad.

I can already imagine Mr. Thein mentioning this episode when he "reviews" the 645Z someday, as if it makes his opinions more gracious. I think Jay had it right when mentioning his ego...

Last edited by panoguy; 06-20-2014 at 10:08 AM.
06-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #33
Pentaxian

His purpose was clearly to start some mass hysteria - not to investigate and find a sensible resolution. Assuming that Ricoh Imaging Japan "must" know about this (because, oh well, they're approving web sites down to every image ), blaming them for not providing an immediate response (like "OMG! 3 hours had passed and they didn't responded! Ricoh is ignoring me!"), basically doing everything he can to rally the masses in a crusade against Ricoh. A new low, my a**e (how would you call forging financial reports, then, or hiding rootkits into your products? - those were made by the "mothership" companies, not by some contractor working for a subsidiary).

And while he's saying that "confidence is restored", I don't think it's the last time we'll be hearing about this.
06-20-2014, 10:02 AM   #34
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is ridiculous. Trolls at work! The company has apologised to him; maybe they'll send him a few bucks, too. But I shall not read his blog and very much doubt that "647zdreamer" ever had any intention of buying a Pentax...

Last edited by alexcox; 06-20-2014 at 10:27 AM.
06-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Or maybe he just doesn't have a lot of connections to Ricoh, which most of us don't, and felt that the quickest way to get them to respond is by doing this. I can't fault him for feeling that way even for professionals. However, some of the comments did come off as overreacting initially.