Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-29-2014, 09:08 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Looks Like The U.S. Is Late In Getting The 645Z

Got a notice today from B&H that my pre-order for the 645Z is "still out of stock as we haven't yet received the merchandise from our supplier".

Anybody in the U.S. get a 654Z form a U.S. dealer yet?

06-29-2014, 11:37 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, it's supposed to start shipping tomorrow, but it looks like they'll be late as the shipping estimate has been taken down. Once they do start shipping we'll be sure to post a story on the homepage. FWIW Pentax Japan informed us that the first few shipments are sold out through pre-orders, and that if you ordered today (in Japan) you shouldn't expect to get the camera until September. Things may be different in the US though. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-30-2014, 04:27 AM   #3

Hi
I received this from the Pentax store USA:

We expect to receive the merchandise into stock on or around 7/18/14.
06-30-2014, 08:04 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got an email from this store in Germany, looks like they have the 645Z available in two weeks:

Pentax 645Z Gehäuse

Phil.

06-30-2014, 08:28 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by iCrop Quote
Got a notice today from B&H that my pre-order for the 645Z is "still out of stock as we haven't yet received the merchandise from our supplier".

Anybody in the U.S. get a 654Z form a U.S. dealer yet?
Yes, I got mine from Samy's camera , Fairfax store, on June 24th. Call Sean Fox in Pro Department.
06-30-2014, 01:06 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 672 Quote
Yes, I got mine from Samy's camera , Fairfax store, on June 24th. Call Sean Fox in Pro Department.
As the Brit's say, "Done and done." Sean contacted a Pentax Rep, something B&H and RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION could not, or would not, do.

Sean said he was able to wrangle yours out of the first shipment. The next shipment is due around the middle of July. He said he'd keep me updated as time draws nearer. Sean seems to be a good guy to work with.

Thanks for the heads-up.
06-30-2014, 05:31 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Glad you had a good experience over there. I have been shopping with him since 2002. Hope you get a mid july one.