Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2014, 02:10 AM   #1
Junior Member




Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 42
645z arrived

Hey guys, just to let you know, my 645Z just arrived :-)
Prague, Czech republic

I will post some photos soon.

07-01-2014, 04:35 AM   #2
Junior Member




Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 42
Original Poster
If you have not placed your pre-order in first batch, you will need to wait till the end of August.
07-01-2014, 04:53 AM   #3
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,626
Can't wait for your shots!
07-01-2014, 04:59 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,564
QuoteOriginally posted by dgdb Quote
If you have not placed your pre-order in first batch, you will need to wait till the end of August.

Relieved that I did now, even if I only ordered a week before! Because of the demand, I don't see the price on this settling too quickly - a relief for us beta testers, oops, sorry early adopters

07-01-2014, 06:06 AM   #5
Junior Member




Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 42
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
Relieved that I did now, even if I only ordered a week before! Because of the demand, I don't see the price on this settling too quickly - a relief for us beta testers, oops, sorry early adopters
I think price will be same for next 12 months. There is enormous interest in this beast.
I hope that there will not be any mirrorless comepetitor with same sensor and that Pentax will finally come up with new lenses as they promised years ago.
07-01-2014, 06:50 AM   #6
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,564
QuoteOriginally posted by dgdb Quote
I think price will be same for next 12 months. There is enormous interest in this beast.
I hope that there will not be any mirrorless comepetitor with same sensor and that Pentax will finally come up with new lenses as they promised years ago.

I think that as per previous discussions on here, mirror less is unlikely due to flange distances.

If they play the Z the way they played the D, the D only really came down in price on the approach to the announcement of the Z. As there isn't as quick a turnover on this as on normal DSLRs there isn't demand to change it.
07-01-2014, 11:06 PM   #7
Junior Member




Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 42
Original Poster
I take a few shots yesterday (nothing presentable) and I am very happy with color rendering with comparsion to my ex-D800E. I shoot my GF agains sun and she has beautyfull skin and no CA at all. On my ex-Nikon it would be all green with CA all over the place (85mm/1.4 vs Pentax 90mm Macro). The files from this are huge - in 100% I will get on screen eye-to-lips, 60MB RAW and quickly growing in Photoshop and RAM. IQ is superb.
Focusing is sometimes laggy, need some time to catch up and position of AF button is not in the right place. It is very hard to get sharp photo at f/2.8 iso100 handheld at sundown.
All images are flipped verticaly and I dont know why, I need to go thru menu.
07-02-2014, 07:07 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Blue Ridge Escarpment, North Carolina, US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,354
QuoteOriginally posted by dgdb Quote
I take a few shots yesterday (nothing presentable) and I am very happy with color rendering with comparsion to my ex-D800E. I shoot my GF agains sun and she has beautyfull skin and no CA at all. On my ex-Nikon it would be all green with CA all over the place (85mm/1.4 vs Pentax 90mm Macro). The files from this are huge - in 100% I will get on screen eye-to-lips, 60MB RAW and quickly growing in Photoshop and RAM. IQ is superb.
Focusing is sometimes laggy, need some time to catch up and position of AF button is not in the right place. It is very hard to get sharp photo at f/2.8 iso100 handheld at sundown.
All images are flipped verticaly and I dont know why, I need to go thru menu.
dgdb,
Some beautiful shots of Prague will more than suffice. I can only imagine what the z can do with the clock tower details.


Last edited by lukulele; 07-02-2014 at 07:08 AM. Reason: spelling
07-02-2014, 11:10 PM   #9
Junior Member




Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 42
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lukulele Quote
dgdb,
Some beautiful shots of Prague will more than suffice. I can only imagine what the z can do with the clock tower details.
I am not into architecture and I have only single 90mm lens - I bought Z to shoot my dog :-D
Just kidding. I will post some portraits after Model Release is signed.

---------- Post added 07-03-14 at 08:11 AM ----------

I was trying used 55mm D-FA yesterday at f/2.8, it nice but colors are different than 90mm Macro. Any thoughts?
07-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #10
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 248
does your dog know what they are getting into? and are they signing the release willingly or are there dog treats on the other side of the paper?
07-06-2014, 04:37 PM   #11
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 111
The 645Z bodies started to arrive in Australia last Friday, 4 July. My body has arrived, but waiting on lens.

Last edited by photolady95; 07-06-2014 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary wording
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645z, 90mm, camera, medium format, pentax news, pentax rumors, post
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Australian 645Z pricing. bossa Pentax Medium Format 26 06-13-2014 12:39 AM
645Z Delayed? 672 Pentax Medium Format 3 05-31-2014 07:36 AM
645Z Sample Images interested_observer Pentax Medium Format 2 04-20-2014 11:41 PM
645z is here i83N Pentax News and Rumors 35 04-15-2014 07:55 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:52 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top