Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2014, 06:42 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rob8888 Quote
To charge my credit card $9k what would have been at least two months early seems excessive (and based on what risk!?). Having my purchases & perfect history on file for 20yrs would suggest I don't pose a risk.

I wish I could publish their PR Dept's emails. They really missed an opportunity, instead have come across as excuse making, arrogant and greedy. Instead of reviewing the loss of business learning opportunity, some lowly CS rep just fobs it off with email. No customer service or continuous improvement philosophy?

Very different from the personal caring service i remember when international toll calls & faxes of credit card photocopies were the order of the day. I'll stop going on, but id suggest that their proudly published philosophy on their website needs a review.
Yeah like I said I tried to work with them when I bought the 645D. But their level of personalised care was not there. They have transitioned more to being the walmart of camera stores. Carry all, sell all, move lots of merchandise, and offer little to know personalised care or special considerations. Better to find a small shop to deal with. Unfortunately in the States people are so into online shopping and get it all from one place kinda thing that the small camera stores are rare that would offer the care we once got and few if any are a Pentax dealer. I don't know where you are but have you looked at shops in Canada, still a number of medium sized shops around. If you are not liking ACE Photo then I have gone to Tempe Camera in Phoenix, AZ a few times. They are a smallish store and would probably help you. They claim to have a 645D in stock now, I don't know about the Z though, its on the website at least. Pentax

07-13-2014, 01:55 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rob8888 Quote
To charge my credit card $9k what would have been at least two months early seems excessive (and based on what risk!?). Having my purchases & perfect history on file for 20yrs would suggest I don't pose a risk.

I wish I could publish their PR Dept's emails. They really missed an opportunity, instead have come across as excuse making, arrogant and greedy. Instead of reviewing the loss of business learning opportunity, some lowly CS rep just fobs it off with email. No customer service or continuous improvement philosophy?

Very different from the personal caring service i remember when international toll calls & faxes of credit card photocopies were the order of the day. I'll stop going on, but id suggest that their proudly published philosophy on their website needs a review.
I agree. With 20 yrs loyalty trust should never have been an issue. Their perceived risk is of someone ordering and then having their bank/credit card company recharge the transaction saying they didn't make it. I can understand their wanting security for new customers ordering high value items, but in your situation I would have expected proactive good service.

You should get your story to a reputable photographic blogger. It's the only way that they will learn if there is a risk it will hit their margins.