Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2014, 06:06 AM   #1

US arrival for 645z- Has anybody got theirs yet?

Has anybody got their 645z yet in the USA?

07-02-2014, 02:00 PM   #2
Forum Member

I'm in the USA and B&H just sent me a tracking # this afternoon so they have some to ship right now - I will get it tomorrow. They told me yesterday it would be another month. Last week they told me they had sold less than 60 units, which seemed to be a low number to them.
07-02-2014, 11:24 PM   #3
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ebphotos Quote
Has anybody got their 645z yet in the USA?
QuoteOriginally posted by jwoodland Quote
I'm in the USA and B&H just sent me a tracking # this afternoon so they have some to ship right now - I will get it tomorrow. They told me yesterday it would be another month. Last week they told me they had sold less than 60 units, which seemed to be a low number to them.
Hi jwoodland. Would you mind telling me when you pre-ordered? I had my credit card fully charged on 13th June & was just told I missed out, but they were going to pointlessly part send me the accessories anyway without checking. Now its been cancelled. Pretty annoyed at B&H customer service. Not sure how to get a 645z now. Any ideas?
Rob
07-02-2014, 11:46 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rob8888 Quote
Hi jwoodland. Would you mind telling me when you pre-ordered? I had my credit card fully charged on 13th June & was just told I missed out, but they were going to pointlessly part send me the accessories anyway without checking. Now its been cancelled. Pretty annoyed at B&H customer service. Not sure how to get a 645z now. Any ideas?
Unless you pre-ordered in April or early may I don't think you would have gotten in on the first shipment. However, your card shouldn't have been charged until shipment took place, so that's weird!

If you don't want to place another pre-order at B&H/Adorama/the pentax web store, I'd recommend checking ebay and amazon on a regular basis.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-02-2014, 11:54 PM   #5
Forum Member

Thanks for that. BHphoto say their policy is to charge non US cards immediately.

l must say that after having a 20yr good run with them, I feel rather annoyed over this experience. Got an mere auto email to say my shipment was on its way but one item was on back order - i go look & find its the 645z; despite saying I didn't want it split, despite it being the main component.

Sent them an urgent email saying I didn't want this...now to the back of the queue. Not impressed
07-03-2014, 04:28 AM   #6
Forum Member

rob8888 - I placed my order on May 2nd. Sounds like they did not handle orders for this particular item in their usual stellar manner for some reason.
07-03-2014, 07:14 AM   #7

Photos: Gallery
Placed my original order with B&H on April 27 and got notice that 645Z had shipped yesterday. When I ordered the camera on line I used PayPal and it was charged to my account at that time. If you call and place an order then they won't bill you until shipped. Glad that I got in on the first shipment of the 645Z in the USA.
07-03-2014, 07:43 AM   #8

Ordered mine mid April, got the shipping notice from B&H yesterday. If you use a credit card B&H will bill you when they ship, if you use PayPal you are billed by PayPal when the order is placed, so it is better not to use PayPal on any pre-order.

07-03-2014, 09:23 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Maybe Monday the 7th

keeping my fingers crossed, getting it from Ace Photo in Virginia.
07-11-2014, 04:26 AM   #10
Forum Member

Seriously annoyed with B&H now. After processing my credit card immediately, then advising that they were shipping 645z accessories (but no camera) against my wishes, their refund of $9000.00 comes up $300 short due to charges & forex. They don't give a toss, and said given my 20yr loyal relationship with them that they hope I'll get over it. Amex on the other hand offered to absorb the loss without obligation (given our relationship)

So, I'm after advice on US stores that still care? Would love your advice please because I'm extremely taken aback by B&H. Thanks in advance. Rob
07-11-2014, 06:59 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Seriously annoyed with B&H now. After processing my credit card immediately, then advising that they were shipping 645z accessories (but no camera) against my wishes, their refund of $9000.00 comes up $300 short due to charges & forex. They don't give a toss, and said given my 20yr loyal relationship with them that they hope I'll get over it. Amex on the other hand offered to absorb the loss without obligation (given our relationship)

So, I'm after advice on US stores that still care? Would love your advice please because I'm extremely taken aback by B&H. Thanks in advance. Rob
Well, I got mine from Ace Photo in Ashburn Virginia on Monday the 7th. Moe, the owner, was very decent about the sale, a couple of special things I worked out with him, and he surprised me with one of those. He does a lot of on-line and Ebay business. I got my A-850 from him in 2010 or 11, plus more. Not sure if he has any more at this moment, but he said he was getting more mid month, for what it's worth. I think he put 20 or so on order. It's the largest shop now south of New York/ New Jersey (Beach camera there) I believe on the east coast of the U.S. I couldn't use my local pro shop because they have no relationship with Pentax. Worth sending a message or giving a call....tell them I sent you if you do get in touch---I'm the friend of Lydia, their rep.

Last edited by texandrews; 07-11-2014 at 07:01 AM. Reason: additions
07-11-2014, 06:27 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Well, I got mine from Ace Photo in Ashburn Virginia on Monday the 7th. Moe, the owner, was very decent about the sale, a couple of special things I worked out with him, and he surprised me with one of those. He does a lot of on-line and Ebay business. I got my A-850 from him in 2010 or 11, plus more. Not sure if he has any more at this moment, but he said he was getting more mid month, for what it's worth. I think he put 20 or so on order. It's the largest shop now south of New York/ New Jersey (Beach camera there) I believe on the east coast of the U.S. I couldn't use my local pro shop because they have no relationship with Pentax. Worth sending a message or giving a call....tell them I sent you if you do get in touch---I'm the friend of Lydia, their rep.
Second thumbs up for ACE Photo. Ordered my original 645D from them way back; had a lot of special considerations since it was being shipped to Africa. Service was what one would expect from a professional level purchase; personal, accommodating, helpful, willing, etc. All the big box shops said no way...
07-12-2014, 05:44 AM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian

[my bolding]

Wow, just wow. That's incredibly bad form. I was going to look into b&h next time I am in NYC, but not sure now. I understand that they see extra risk in foreign customers, but surely a better way for them and the customer would be to charge the card when the order is complete but allow a few days before despatch to allow the payment to clear. If they are concerned about a recharge, they haven't protected themselves from this anyway. To treat a customer of 20+yrs standing in this way beggars belief.
07-12-2014, 04:54 PM   #14
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
[my bolding]

Wow, just wow. That's incredibly bad form. I was going to look into b&h next time I am in NYC, but not sure now. I understand that they see extra risk in foreign customers, but surely a better way for them and the customer would be to charge the card when the order is complete but allow a few days before despatch to allow the payment to clear. If they are concerned about a recharge, they haven't protected themselves from this anyway. To treat a customer of 20+yrs standing in this way beggars belief.
To charge my credit card $9k what would have been at least two months early seems excessive (and based on what risk!?). Having my purchases & perfect history on file for 20yrs would suggest I don't pose a risk.

I wish I could publish their PR Dept's emails. They really missed an opportunity, instead have come across as excuse making, arrogant and greedy. Instead of reviewing the loss of business learning opportunity, some lowly CS rep just fobs it off with email. No customer service or continuous improvement philosophy?

Very different from the personal caring service i remember when international toll calls & faxes of credit card photocopies were the order of the day. I'll stop going on, but id suggest that their proudly published philosophy on their website needs a review.
07-12-2014, 05:53 PM   #15
Forum Member

Why don't you just publish their e-mails so we can all see?