Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dgdb Quote
I would add that I am very unhappy with AF button position and size. It is not in the right place. But I hope I will get used to this. I really dont like focusing with shutterbutton and I always switch this off.
When I press AF button in a dimm room, nothing happens for 1-2s, then lens go all way up and down and 2-3s later maybe catch something. It is not everytime, but sometimes really catches me and I miss the shot.
Even if lens is in the position (I prefocus manually) than you need to wait for the confirmation (1-2s lag). I would not called this portrait camera (as Pentax did in they marketing ****). But I wanted to slow down, not to shoot too many shots, so I got what I wished for :-) I was not able to get 1 (one) sharp shot of my dog even sitting on a couch.
I am comming from D800E + 85/1.4 and IQ (sharpness, colors, depth) from Z is superb and it is worth the pain with AF. I hope AF is not bad due to slow chip so it could be improved later, but I am afraid this is not that case.
What you describe is much slower than the D, so something is not right.

I don't like the AF button location on the D either; I use the shutterbutton for AF and then the AF lock if I need to recompose.

08-12-2014, 03:41 AM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
645z questions

Dear Adam,

Thank you for establishing good relationships between Pentax users community and Ricoh-Pentax officials.
You have done a lot for all of us. If you can help, please ask Ricoh-Pentax several questions:

1. May be I'am dumb, but I can not find exactly data about Pentax 645 bayonet diametr.
It's not a secret for many bayonets of other producers.

2. How many Gb of DDR RAM has 645D and 645Z?
For example: when Leica launched S instead S2, they said that S2 had 1Gb and now S has 2Gb.
For example: when Phase One launched IQ250, they said that it has 2Gb instead 1Gb in IQ260 and IQ280.

3. When Pentax K-3 was launched, Ricoh-Pentax said that there is a new motor in the body and it will help screw-driver lenses to work faster.
Does 645Z has new motor too, or it is the same as in 645D?

4. Dynamic range of 645D was not a secret - 11.5 f-stops. Competitors of 645Z on the same Sony sensor Hasselblad H5D-50c and Phase One IQ250 have 14 f-stops. What is the exactly data for Pentax 645Z?

Sincerely yours, Dmitry aka managger
08-13-2014, 04:08 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
would you use it in wedding shoot?
I just did an outdoor wedding for relatives with my 645D; not the ideal tool by any means, but got through it OK. The 645z would be hugely better...