Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #16
Veteran Member

<*sigh*>
I would recommend the OP take the 67, load it up and just enjoy shooting with it rather than get bogged down with potential problems and foibles. It will deliver the goods. And there is plenty of time to learn with it.

07-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Yeah, I agree, there will be a learning curve no matter which path he takes regarding metering. To say one path is better than the other is like arguing about which is best, Morris Black Label Tawny or Penfolds Tawny.
07-21-2014, 06:27 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by timwatersphoto Quote
Mostly new. I had a Hassleblad (well, still do) that i played with 13 years ago. I dont remember what I did with white balance. A lot easier with digital and raw files
Welcome to club of 67 shooters Tim Glad to see your coming back to your roots and shooting film again.

I also agree with these guys that you should just get out and have fun, honestly I don't see anything wrong with using you digital as long as you consider how it is reading the scene. You can make any metering system work, I have shot quite a bit of 4x5 using my digital to meter for what I wanted, and adjusting the exposure according to the scene I framed up.

As for white balance it comes down to film and filters, to refresh your memory try out or research some different films like Ektar Velvia Portra etc.. you'll get the idea.

Last edited by johnsey; 07-22-2014 at 05:07 AM.