Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2014, 10:35 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Invite to 645Z Product Launch - Australia

Woohoo! Just got my invite to the 645Z product launch in Melbourne.

PENTAX 645Z Product Launch Invitation

Too bad I'll be in Paris otherwise I'd go down to Melbourne for the event.

07-28-2014, 02:06 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
CameraPro are also holding events in Brisbane (already full) and now Sydney:

QuoteQuote:
645z Hands-on Event

Brisbane & Sydney

For all those that are curious about the performance and operation of new medium format CMOS sensor Pentax 645z, we at CameraPro would like to invite you to a unique hands-on. Happening in both Brisbane and Sydney, the event will include a presentation and Q&A with established professional photographer William Long along with a chance to use the camera in a real-world situation.

Sydney
When: 3:00pm-5:30pm Thurs, July 31st
Where: Beginning: Kirribilli Hotel, ending at Milsons Point Park (under the bridge)
Cost: Free (registration required)

Brisbane EVENT FULL
When: 3:30pm-7pm Wed, July 30th
Where: Kangaroo Point Cliffs
Cost: Free (registration required)
07-31-2014, 07:49 AM - 1 Like   #3

This afternoon I went to the 645Z event held in Sydney by CameraPro.
Was held at a venue in Milsons Point.
Drinks, food and a presentation on the camera by William Long which was neat.

During this time the Z was being passed around for everyone to have a play with.
After this portion of the event was over we took a short walk down to the harbour front and had more hands on time with the camera. We got to put our own SD cards in so got in a few shots to take home.
Also they had three of the newer lenses available to try which are the 25mmF4, 55mmF2.8 and 90mmF2.8 (the only stablised lens). This was one of the things I had been wondering about was how viable is it to do handheld shots with no stablisation in body or lens. After the hands on, I can say it is easily doable. Tack sharp images with no need for a tripod.

Everything about the Z was just so nice. The deep grip feels really good in hand. The balance of the camera is spot on. So for a rather large camera is really did not feel all that heavy nor was it awkward to hold.
The image review is quick as well, more or less instant and this was with the camera shooting RAW files. And these come in at around 60mb each.
Focusing with all three lenses was quick and spot on.

I could go on but I shall end it at, I wanted the Z before I tried it and now I want one even more.
07-31-2014, 11:37 AM   #4
Forum Member

Do you know what the status is in Australia is yet? In stock or still in pre order mode?

07-31-2014, 05:10 PM   #5

There was stock about two weeks ago at Teds Professional Sydney.
07-31-2014, 05:38 PM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
May have to sell two kidneys to get one. Hang on, that doesn't work ...
07-31-2014, 08:23 PM   #7

The broader range of lens now available in the US are special order in Australia. May take a few months to get them.
08-01-2014, 04:32 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by rob8888 Quote
Do you know what the status is in Australia is yet? In stock or still in pre order mode?

Stock had arrived although from speaking to the Camera Pro rep it seems everything is sold out and there is a queue of people on back order. So much for my plan of picking up the Z at the event.
So unless you can find a store that already had stock (as per Doc's post), it appears you will have to get in line and wait for the next shipment to arrive.