Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2015, 07:39 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kolor-Pikker Quote
For some reason every image shot with this lens that I see online is a horribly compressed JPEG
Sorry

04-21-2015, 10:27 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by unkipunki Quote
Sorry
Allow me to clarify - every full resolution image is a horribly compressed jpeg.

People post images that are either nice original photos that are resized to something like 1024 pixels on the long side, which is obviously inadequate for judging image quality from any digital camera made in the past 10 years, or full-resolution pics like the official Pentax images, which they must have 1) processed in silkypix and 2) output them at 30% jpeg quality from the look of things.

All I want is a Raw or quality jpeg to zoom 100% into, is that so much to ask?
04-21-2015, 11:35 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kolor-Pikker Quote
Allow me to clarify - every full resolution image is a horribly compressed jpeg.

People post images that are either nice original photos that are resized to something like 1024 pixels on the long side, which is obviously inadequate for judging image quality from any digital camera made in the past 10 years, or full-resolution pics like the official Pentax images, which they must have 1) processed in silkypix and 2) output them at 30% jpeg quality from the look of things.

All I want is a Raw or quality jpeg to zoom 100% into, is that so much to ask?
I'd happily share one if I had file sharing. If I can get that sorted what sort of scene would be most useful for your assessment?
04-22-2015, 02:54 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by unkipunki Quote
I'd happily share one if I had file sharing. If I can get that sorted what sort of scene would be most useful for your assessment?
I typically use the Dropbox program for convenience, just drag files into the designated folder, right-click and select copy public link, and paste it wherever.

As for a scene... it can be anything really, nature or maybe in a city, so long as you feel it represents when the lens is capable of. A hand-held shot at f/4.5 with SR and another at f/8 on a tripod at 28mm would be enough I suppose.

04-22-2015, 03:03 PM   #35

Nice collection of images. Thanks for sharing.
04-22-2015, 04:08 PM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by neko Quote
Thanks for the link, Vieri. Gorgeous photos! Very romantic approach. I really love the way you work with water.
Since the 28-45 is a big lens, what kind of tripod-head setup do you use?
sure thing neko, thank you for your kind words, I am glad you enjoyed the pics About support, I am happily using a Gitzo series 4 and an Arca-Swiss Z1 head.
04-23-2015, 08:34 AM   #37

Thanks Vieri. If the 28-45 is optically as god as the IF CFE 40, the way to go is clear. The size and weight does not trouble me so much.
Regarding to the tripod-head setup, I have more or less the same idea. Maybe considering the Arca Swiss Cube as an option.
BTW I also own the Leica MM ( amazing camera).
04-26-2015, 10:15 AM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by neko Quote
Thanks Vieri. If the 28-45 is optically as god as the IF CFE 40, the way to go is clear. The size and weight does not trouble me so much.
Regarding to the tripod-head setup, I have more or less the same idea. Maybe considering the Arca Swiss Cube as an option.
BTW I also own the Leica MM ( amazing camera).
I used the Cube for a long time, and it was great with my Tech cameras. With a "normal" camera, I didn't find it so necessary in terms of gained stability vs weight, bulk and slowness of use as I did with the Tech cameras (with which, IMHO, is a must and the best head out there). The Z1 is rock solid, impressively built and very easy to use; it holds the 645z and any of the lenses I have without any trouble. One more note about the 28-45 vs the 40: my impressions are based on having used the 40 in the past and using the 28-45 now, on very different cameras and conditions, and not on a controlled test. The only way to say something definite would be trying them both side by side on the 645z of course, so please take my recommendations for what they are: impressions rather than a properly done comparison. What I can say for certain is that the 28-45 is a great lens, possibly the best I have used on the 645z (I didn't try the new 90 though).

About the MM, I am glad that you find it amazing - I love it!

Best,

Vieri

05-12-2015, 11:47 PM   #39

Photos: Albums
Back in December I got a 645Z and I think about adapting V-Lenses onto it.

I now have the opportunity to get the following two lenses:

Hasselblad Zeiss Planar F 2/110 mm
Hasselblad Zeiss Sonnar F 2,8/150 mm
They are in excellent condition, prices are 500€ for the 150mm and 900€ for the 110mm.
From research on the net I think the prices are okay, but I would like to know if any of you have experiences with the quality of those lenses on a 645Z?

Many thanks!
Chris
05-13-2015, 09:00 AM   #40

QuoteOriginally posted by kanega101 Quote
Back in December I got a 645Z and I think about adapting V-Lenses onto it.

I now have the opportunity to get the following two lenses:

Hasselblad Zeiss Planar F 2/110 mm
Hasselblad Zeiss Sonnar F 2,8/150 mm
They are in excellent condition, prices are 500 for the 150mm and 900 for the 110mm.
From research on the net I think the prices are okay, but I would like to know if any of you have experiences with the quality of those lenses on a 645Z?

Many thanks!
Chris
WOW Chris .. that's an entry with quite a bang Congratulations on your purchases! Did you buy the lenses online or from a store? I've been looking for these two and am still looking
05-13-2015, 10:38 AM - 1 Like   #41

Photos: Albums
Hi bileu, thanks I'm really excited about it. Hope you'll also get them eventually. In my research I saw a 110mm FE on ebay, but it was aroud 2000$. FE seems to be rare.
I bought the 150mm today, the 110 I'll get on the weekend. They were both from a private owner who, for reasons of age, bought himself a mirrorless system (Olympus OM-D, which is also my backup).
Have to wait for the adapter (Fotodixo Pro) until Saturday.
Made my decision after I talked to a friend. He's got the one for the biggest Rollei collections in Germany and has got the two lenses (with Rollei mount).
According to him they are the same construction, only different mounts.
He highly praised the 110mm and the 150mm is also a good one according to hin.
Looking forward to test the lenses and will upload some samples.
10-23-2015, 06:30 AM   #42

I'm trying hard to get some decent results from a Hasselblad 150/2.8 on the 645z but facing couple of issues:

1. Lens not focusing beyond 30 feet (most likely adapter issue)
2. Images are hazy wide open, I am able to get sharp images at f/2.8 but overall look is hazy. The haze sometimes doesn't go away even at f/4 or f/5.6, specially when subject is backlit. Maybe 50mpix sensor is too much for the lens to handle wide open. I've seen the same happen to my nikkor 50/1.2 on the Sony A7r.
3. In comparison, the Takumar 105/2.4 is just simply amazing wide open in any lighting condition.

Now I'm hesitating to go for the more expensive 110/2 fearing it might be similar. Anyone can share their experiences with examples?

Shot today at f/8 and post processed, most shots from this setting were not keepers.

Shot earlier on a cloudy day wide open. Much better!
10-23-2015, 04:50 PM - 1 Like   #43
Site Supporter

if you dig through my posts and look through my 645z review on my website you'll find 110/2 examples.
10-23-2015, 05:23 PM   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bileu Quote
Maybe 50mpix sensor is too much for the lens to handle wide open. I've seen the same happen to my nikkor 50/1.2 on the Sony A7r.
3. In comparison, the Takumar 105/2.4 is just simply amazing wide open in any lighting condition.
Using large image circle lenses on smaller format cameras can cause problems with contrast because many times the adapter will reflect light back to the focal plane.
It's hard to argue with the performance of the 105 Takumar f/2.4 made for the 6x7. In fact, several 67 lenses are comparable to their Zeiss counterparts.
10-24-2015, 02:07 AM - 1 Like   #45
Site Supporter

Hey Bileu,

I have the same problem with the photdiox adapter.
no focus at infinity with the 150 CF Hasselblad.
have used the same lens with a photodiox adapter for Nikon on the D810.
sharpest and most detailed lens I own.
come to think of it, rather on par with the pentax 120macro.
but the adapter for hass/Pentax is crap.
so don't worry about that, it is not the lens.
also when shooting backlit subjects, in my experience there are only a couple of lenses, that can do that well.
it has to do with internal reflections and inner coatings and also on some adapters, you have to improve their black coating on the inside.
secondly, at certain angles, there simply is no way for the lens to show it's best contrast, because the light bounces around and there's no remedy for that.
but it can be used to your advantage, if you're after this modern/retro look.
another tip. if you want backlit images for portraits, go into open shade, have your subjects turn their back towards the open sky and expose +1 for the face, that can look
just as good, but with better contrast and without the reflections.

if anybody sees another adapter, so not photodiox, for the hass/645 combi, please let me know...

cheers
Z