Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
10-24-2015, 06:03 AM   #46

QuoteOriginally posted by gavincato Quote
if you dig through my posts and look through my 645z review on my website you'll find 110/2 examples.
Your samples are the reason why I started looking for the lens in the first place
The shots are amazing and since I am primarily a wedding photographer so it resonates really well.

---------- Post added 10-24-15 at 06:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by zobeleye Quote
Hey Bileu,

I have the same problem with the photdiox adapter.
if anybody sees another adapter, so not photodiox, for the hass/645 combi, please let me know...

cheers
Z
Hey Z .. thank you so much for the detailed reply. It just reinforces my belief in the lens I will give it a shot on my Nikon.
Next mission is to get a better quality adapter!

By the way, the HB 110/2 has completely disappeared from all used lens websites. When I bought the 645z, I could find 4-5 lenses on sale across different websites. Now there is none! (apart from one being sold from the UK for about 2.5k USD)

10-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #47

Here's another from the 110/2.

Didn't realise they were scarce. I'm going to keep an eye out and buy a couple more. Incredible glass.

10-26-2015, 10:10 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's another from the 110/2.

Didn't realise they were scarce. I'm going to keep an eye out and buy a couple more. Incredible glass.

Thank you for sharing, very nice pictures. About the glass, I am sorry to go against the flow, but to me while the rendition of this lens looks great at the point of focus, the out of focus areas look very, very nervous (at least in the examples you posted): see the leaves on the left & right side of the couple, first image, and the leaves on their right side of the second image. I prefer a smoother rendition for my OOF areas, especially for wedding: the bokeh of this lens looks very distracting to me. Again, sorry to be a party-pooper!
10-27-2015, 02:24 AM   #49

Nervous bokeh indeed!
The Schneider lenses I use on my Rollei are mostly better in that department, although sometimes the pentagonal shape (common to most Medium Format shutter lenses) can sometimes be a bit distracting.

10-27-2015, 04:08 AM   #50

i love the way that looks. I'm personally sick of perfectly smooth backgrounds, i like a lens with character.

if you get closer the lens does change to perfectly smooth. it's at a few meters away it generates this look.
10-27-2015, 08:55 AM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i love the way that looks. I'm personally sick of perfectly smooth backgrounds, i like a lens with character.

if you get closer the lens does change to perfectly smooth. it's at a few meters away it generates this look.
Whatever works for you and your customers is fine, of course, no problem here - I guess is a matter of horses for courses, personal preference and all that

Best,

Vieri
11-08-2015, 07:17 AM   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by The Madshutter Quote
T
About the glass, I am sorry to go against the flow, but to me while the rendition of this lens looks great at the point of focus, the out of focus areas look very, very nervous (at least in the examples you posted):
I second that. The lens does not make for a good environmental portrait lens, IMHO. We all have our own tastes but typically lenses that produce ringed bokeh outline highlighted foliage and make for a unappealing and distracting background in people pictures. And on my monitor, the flesh tones are way too red. But that's the trouble with a computer screens as a medium for showing pictures.

11-08-2015, 05:27 PM - 1 Like   #53

if i just wanted a complete mushed background, I'd pickup my 1dx and 200/2

All I can tell you is my clients are frothing over the shots from this lens and it looks a bit different compared to every man & his dog using 35mm.

maybe this is a better example

or this

11-10-2015, 03:18 AM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

if i just wanted a complete mushed background, I'd pickup my 1dx and 200/2

All I can tell you is my clients are frothing over the shots from this lens and it looks a bit different compared to every man & his dog using 35mm.

maybe this is a better example

or this
Gavin, I hope you didn't get me wrong - if this is the look you are after, then everything is fine and there is no need to even talk about it As we all know, when you go "personal" in style you'll always find someone with something to say - don't I know it... That said, objectively the lens has a more "nervous" rendition of background that what usual is considered customary for the kind of work you do (for which a smooth background is generally used in order to make your subjects stand, as you well know), that's all I wanted to say. If you love it and if your customers love it, then there is nothing wrong using it, but this doesn't change the fact I pointed out (which, if I read you correctly, is exactly the reason why you love the lens)