Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Urgent flash question

Hi,
I want to depart to the croatian coast tomorrow in order to take photos of insects, lizards, etc. I mostly use a TTL-metered ringlight on my Pentax 67II. I always had the camera switch automatically to the sync speed. But how works slow speed (EVEN slower than the sync speed of 1/30 sec)? The manual says for slow speed sync flash photography: "set the cameraīs exposure mode to the Metered Manual Mode" Does this mean TTL-metered flash photography isnīt possible below 1/30 sec?? Please: Pentax 67II users - help me figuring this out! I have no time to expose a test roll before travelling... Silly me, I know....
Thanks for saving me

08-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Yes it looks that way, if you want to use slow speed sync shooting you can't use TTL & AE mode as it defaults to 1/30s. You have to meter the back ground in manual and use the flash to take care of the subject.

I have not tried it, so I'm just reading the Pentax 67II manual as well.

Good luck and have a nice trip.

Phil.
08-17-2014, 03:36 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you, Phil!
Well, thatīs a serious drawback of the Pentax 67IIs conception in my eyes. Non-TTL-flashmetering makes it nearly impossible to use the Pentax 67-Auto bellows for living macro photography subjects. Macro photography subjects with a different than an all-black background would have been really great.
Best wishes,
Ole