Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2015, 05:38 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by constable Quote
wombat2go - for me it makes no sense to generate tiffs in camera.
I am not, the 6x7 images are on Ektar and scanned. The output from the scanner is .tiff.
Yes, the files are too big. I think the option of down-sampling by an even number so that the pixels are about the same as the monitor HxW is a good option.

04-23-2015, 08:24 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Kolor-Pikker Quote
DNG is the format the camera shoots, TIF is the output format I export from Lightroom, so both have their place. I usually output 16-bit tiffs if I need to do further processing in Photoshop, and sample the final edit to 8-bits.

For a camera of this level, I do not see why I would use jpegs at any part of the process, except for posting images online.

Exactly so. Be gone damned JPG's!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645z, ca, camera, file size, mb, medium format, photos, sizes, tiff