Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2014, 01:21 AM   #31

Original Poster
I've emailed Thomas separately but just to keep everyone updated - After a lot of complaining and about a week after the initial malfunction I was sent a replacement camera which In the end I was told to keep rather than switch back once my faulty camera had been fixed. This was all organised through the retailer but I did speak to a service rep at Pentax who i believe helped remedy the situation quicker than had i not spoken to him. I hope Pentax can arrange some sort of professional level service in future.

09-30-2014, 05:17 PM   #32

Photos: Gallery
all this talk about the poor customer support has me on edge. So far, Im happy to report that my 645Z is working just fine. Ive used it for landscape photography as well as some events, and recently a photoshoot on the beach and a night show in a hotel in Waikiki, with ISO 1600, which came out great. The one thing that I have had happen is that sometimes the autofocus will not work. I think I got the tip from someone here, Turn it off then on again, and bingo, it works.

One more thing, It seems to work better shutting it off first when you change lenses. Many photographers do it on all their cameras, but Ive never had a problem with my Canons.

Im not super impressed with the 45-85 Lenses, maybe Its just me and my not so steady hands. The images I took with the 90mm and the 55mm and also the 150mm, no problems at all.
09-30-2014, 09:33 PM   #33
Pentaxian

I always switch the camera off when changing lenses on any of my cameras. It can cause electrical issues and a charged sensor is like a magnet for dust. I still have some dust bunnies on mine and am not very good at removing them...
10-02-2014, 01:18 PM   #34

Photos: Gallery
I hear you itshimitis , Normally when I see other photographers changing lenses without shutting down the camera is during Weddings. Gotta work fast, and or have two camera working. I am trying to insure I do so every time now, its a matter of "muscle memory"
Thank you very much for the insight on the electrical issues. very important indeed.