Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2008, 08:18 PM   #1

Pentax 67 problem

Hey All,
I have a Pentax 67 w/105 mm lens and unmetered pentaprism I've been using for a couple of months. Yesterday the mirror locked in the partially up position after the shutter fired and the camera locked up. After removing the film I managed to get the mirror to drop to the down position (after touching the rear of the mirror). I changed out the battery in case this was the problem but when I test fired the shutter the mirror locked up and the shutter remained open until I removed the battery and reinstalled it-at this time the mirror dropped and the shutter curtain travelled all the way closed. This occurred several more times in succession until suddenly the camera began working properly at shutter speeds above 1/250. After more testing the problem has only reappeared at 1/60 second or slower shutter speeds. Has anyone else experienced a problem similar to this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance
Ray Smith

05-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #2
Pentaxian

The mirror locking partially up indicates that the battery has died. The procedure to replace the battery is to put the new battery in, and then press the mirror release button, which is on the front of the camera below the shutter release.

Download the manual here:

http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/manual/67.pdf