Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2014, 07:04 PM   #1

Tethering coming to a 645Z near you.

Feature 5?645Z | RICOH IMAGING

September 26th

09-25-2014, 02:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hopefully they will make a tethering for the rest of cameras, K-3, K-5, ...
09-25-2014, 08:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
Hopefully they will make a tethering for the rest of cameras, K-3, K-5, ...
Yes, please! My near-entry level nikon had it. The entry level canon I used for 2 weeks and returned had it. I don't need it that often, but it's one of the few annoyances I have with my K5. I don't want to mess around with my eyefi card - it's ridiculously slow... and HDMI out to a TV isn't terribly portable.
09-25-2014, 09:26 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Camera like the 645Z is required to have certain features, this would be one of them.

09-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #5

I tried tethering using the flucard, but a) it's really slow and b) when I read the Flucard with my card reader, quite often OS X Finder crashes and won't restart unless I remove the card from the reader.
09-25-2014, 10:12 PM   #6

So it the tethering software out now or not?
09-27-2014, 03:50 AM   #7

UK 645z tethering software

Mine's due on Monday if UPS are to be believed. Will try it out during the week and get back to you all...

09-27-2014, 05:40 AM   #8
Forum Member

Is this available as a download?
09-29-2014, 12:21 PM   #9

Well I got a disk. Installed in my MacBook Pro 2011 and all works. Small preview window (can't be enlarged to fill frame even) but my intention is to use Lightroom auto import to view and process images, and this works fine if a little slowly. Hopefully new Laptop will help, next expense coming up.
09-29-2014, 12:28 PM   #10
Forum Member

How large is the preview window? Can you zoom in on the image to fill that preview window and school around either during live view? Thanks for your info...

Nothing available in the US yet that I have seen - their store only lists the original version for the D. Anyone have a link where to purchase this in the US?
09-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jwoodland Quote
How large is the preview window? Can you zoom in on the image to fill that preview window and school around either during live view? Thanks for your info...

Nothing available in the US yet that I have seen - their store only lists the original version for the D. Anyone have a link where to purchase this in the US?
From a different thread.

QuoteOriginally posted by kdphoto Quote
Called Pentax today they have no info on the tethering software, response was call again in a few weeks. Madding!
09-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snapper99 Quote
Well I got a disk.
So Image Transmitter v2 lives!

Could you pls show some unboxing photos of the disk, the package etc, and then some screenshots of how the software looks on screen? Not a single official Pentax web site worldwide seems to have any decent information on it, not even a downloadable brochure.
09-29-2014, 01:34 PM - 1 Like   #13

You have a small zoom box in the live view window (this is not a separate window but contained in the main window) that you can move anywhere, it lets you zoom in to focus. I guess your live view window is around 700 pixels or 5 inches, 12.5 cm wide on my 1680 Pixel wide display. Pixels wide and it replaces the lv image on the LCD. It is enough to see focus and easy to compose, you can shoot straight from this screen whilst in live view if you like, you can control all the major camera controls and what format (jpg raw tiff etc) you are transferring.
If you really want to see an image preview larger you need to take a shot and view it in Lightroom or another way.
You can find an operation manual on the main ricoh site in Manuals download Asia (English) accessories section, it took a while to find it! http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/image_transmitter2_operation_en.pdf
09-29-2014, 05:12 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snapper99 Quote
You can find an operation manual on the main ricoh site
Excellent find. And thanks for the usage report.

I am following this issue in the hope that someday IT2 may morph into something that will be usable on the K-3.

You wouldn't have a K-3 handy to test it on, perchance?
09-30-2014, 12:03 AM   #15

Sorry, no K-3.
Although it does precisely what it says on the can, transmit pictures, it is in no way competition for Capture One, unfortunately. It is more a remote control for a tethered camera and a way of getting images straight into a computer.
I hope my new Macbook Pro will help me to view the images faster when auto-importing to Lightroom. Time to try the other workflows, like converting to adobe dng from Pentax and viewing in Capture One. Next test for me this weekend with the new Mac...
All this does not take away from the reason I liked the camera in the first place which was to free me from the tether! A job it excels at. I was rather hoping it would do tether jobs as well, but never mind there's always an alternative.