Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2014, 02:02 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wombat2go Quote
Going through Steve's list I see the Agfa/Rollei film is being manufactured by HANS O. MAHN & CO. KG and sold by Macodirect.de
And B & H has it too.
An interesting one is Rollei/AGFA Digibase CN200 Pro Color Negative Film C41
available in 135-36 and 120.
This film has no orange mask.
I wonder how this film is for scanning and re-photographing, might try some next time I buy film.
I tried to get some CN200 on a recent trip to Berlin but couldn't find any. There's a flickr group for it and the CR (reversal) version. From what I've seen, results are very warm but decent, and certainly worth playing around with.

10-05-2014, 10:22 PM   #17

Back in the 80's when I was shooting film, I bought some 3M slide film which was inexpensive compared to the Kodachrome & Fujichrome that I normally used. The results were quite bad as I recall but it didn't cost me much so I forgot about it. I read later on that it was film stock that was being sold as inexpensive still picture film. Is this the same film? I believe 3M owned Ferrania at the time.
10-06-2014, 03:22 PM   #18
Veteran Member

They are going to need much, much more than $250,000. The plan does not make economic sense, but more oddly they have not shown any reviewed research the proves there is a growing, as opposed to the known globally shrinking, demand for film.
10-06-2014, 03:32 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
There's always an entitlement in every market and film is no different. Film Ferrania may be going after the low hanging fruit. Their major competitor is Fujifilm. I'm sure there are people who will try an alternative for the sake of experimentation and for supporting an industry they love.

10-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robertchow999 Quote
Back in the 80's when I was shooting film, I bought some 3M slide film which was inexpensive compared to the Kodachrome & Fujichrome that I normally used.
The older 3M ScotchChrome was pretty nasty stuff. The second generation Imation ScotchChrome was supposed to be better. The new Ferrania materials are supposed to be based on the Imation product.

Steve
10-11-2014, 01:29 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not long left film lovers sitting on the fence.

Don't think about it as film, think about it as supporting local knowledge in small communities. I mean these are the dudes that were working in the factories designing this stuff. This is amazing.

And Steve is right when he mentioned earlier it is about increasing the base of available options.

This really is worth your $25
11-26-2014, 05:55 PM   #22
Site Supporter

Ferrania has a web link for film shooters to enter their favorite processing lab that does E6. Good idea, so please submit your local lab.

Ferrania Web link "Your Favorite Lab"

Everybody knows that color reversal film lovers have taken a serious punch to the gut over the last few years.
Fewer options leading to higher costs leading to decreased use and even fewer options... With this situation seemingly out of control, it is understandable that the number of labs able to offer E-6 processing has also dwindled.

We at FILM Ferrania aim to stop this death spiral in its tracks - and we need to join with labs out there who share our mission.

We want you to help us make a giant list of all of our favorite labs who still accept E-6 film.

•If you have a favorite lab you'd like to recommend to others, please use the form on the right to send us as much information as you can.
•If you happen to know someone from a lab, you can email them a link to this page.
•If you ARE a lab, please fill in all the details so that we can make our list into a comprehensive and valuable resource for the entire analog community.
•If any of the data changes (new location, moved, closed, etc), fill in the lab name and the appropriate new data.
We will publish this list next week, and keep it maintained and updated on an ongoing basis.

Thank You!