Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2014, 01:02 PM   #1

Flucard and 645Z

Has anyone tried using the O-FC1 Flucard with the P645Z? I picked one up to try it out and it looks like I'm either doing something wrong or it's defective.

Installed in slot 2 and with the write lock in any position, the camera gives the memory card error when turned on and when I try to tell it it's a Flucard in the menu. I tried it in a card reader for my computer, and I can't even access it, once again with or without the write lock.

Am I missing something?

10-05-2014, 01:14 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Femtometer Quote
Has anyone tried using the O-FC1 Flucard with the P645Z? I picked one up to try it out and it looks like I'm either doing something wrong or it's defective.

Installed in slot 2 and with the write lock in any position, the camera gives the memory card error when turned on and when I try to tell it it's a Flucard in the menu. I tried it in a card reader for my computer, and I can't even access it, once again with or without the write lock.

Am I missing something?
Try to format the card in SD1, then move it back to SD2. I had to do that before mine would work.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #3

Original Poster
No go unfortunately; I get a memory card error in either slot. I moved the write lock back & forth. I'm starting to think it's a dud.
10-05-2014, 10:14 PM   #4

I think you may have a dud. I bought the K-3 bundled with the grip, FluCard and a Samsung 64Gb SD Card a few weeks back. The FluCard worked fine but the Samsung card kept giving me an error message. I tried formatting it on my PC as well as with my 645D and Pentax MX-1, none of which had problems recognizing the card. But I kept getting error messages with the K-3. Another poster had the same problem and had it replaced but the replacement had the same problem. I just use it on my MX-1 because I figure it would be too much of a hassle to send it back to Adorama for a replacement which was also incompatible.

10-06-2014, 06:02 PM   #5
Forum Member

Mine was simple to set up as per instructions. However bad news is that I've pretty much given up on it except to seldomly transfer low res jpegs to my phone if I need to email out of the office. Too fiddly and slow to be much use professionally for my work.
10-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #6

I agree, the FluCard is a waste of money for the most part. Oh man, I'm so spoiled coming from a Canon 6D with built-in Wireless and maching IOS app. Transfers fast, let's me zoom in on the IOS device etc. I so hope the tethering with the new software via a USB3 cable will be a real joy to work with...