Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-02-2016, 06:51 PM - 1 Like   #31
Forum Member

Pentax now has a free plugin you can download that allows you to easily tether into Lightroom. It's stable and I'm very happy with it.

02-16-2016, 02:39 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is there an Image transmitter, that works with 645D, please?
An HOW does it work?
Answers are greatfully appreciated!

Regards
Jens
02-16-2016, 05:11 AM   #33

Have a try with PKTether. It's free but not really stable.
Pentax has a very simple software "SW123".
There exists no SW for MAC

-Linus-
02-21-2016, 05:26 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by -Linus- Quote
Have a try with PKTether. It's free but not really stable.
Pentax has a very simple software "SW123".
There exists no SW for MAC

-Linus-
Looks like their site was hacked?

02-21-2016, 07:08 AM   #35

Don't thing so.

Everything looks the same.
No virus alert while downloading. http://www.pktether.com/download/PK_Tether_0_7_0.zip
(The author does not work at this project for 2 years now)

-Linus-
02-21-2016, 10:33 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by -Linus- Quote
Don't thing so.

Everything looks the same.
No virus alert while downloading. http://www.pktether.com/download/PK_Tether_0_7_0.zip
(The author does not work at this project for 2 years now)

-Linus-
Interesting! When I grabbed a piece of the link in your message (through .com) I went directly to the site. But when I did a search this morning and then clicked on the links listed in the search results, I was sent to bogus advertising pages.
03-20-2016, 02:17 PM   #37

I've been using Image Transmitter 2 and works fine....like it for overhead shots as you can fire from the software...

03-20-2016, 06:25 PM   #38
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seanjmc Quote
I've been using Image Transmitter 2 and works fine....like it for overhead shots as you can fire from the software...
Hi,

May I ask if the IT2 has live view? The tether plugin for LR does not.

Also, how does the Bulb mode work in IT2? Does it have a timer? Does it support time lapse?
In LR, I have to click the button once to open the shutter and click it again to close. This is very inconvenient.

Cheers,
Wei-Hao
03-20-2016, 10:29 PM   #39

Does have live view, works ok...You can fire the shutter from the software, but never did bulb exposure, not sure if that is an option in the drop down menu for shutter speed or not (camera has to be connected and my tether cable is not working right now, need to get a new one.)....not sure about timer, but think you would set that on the camera body....don't think you can set up any kind of time lapse, definitely not in the IT2 software from what I can see looking at the module right now...
06-15-2016, 06:41 AM   #40
Forum Member

I played with it shortly using the local dealer's computer. I am quite disappointed. It's function is very limited, comparing to the free tethering software coming with my Canon 5D2 and the free software I used with my Nikon. The bulb exposure is not timed, as seanjmc mentioned above. The live view works, but it lacks reference lines/grids that the camera LCD has. The window cannot be enlarged and the live view zoom-in magnification is limited. I can't believe Pentax charges it $200 in the North America. (I did not ask the dealer in my country about its price, as there is no reason to believe it will be much cheaper.) $200 is not much comparing to anything I spent on the camera and lenses. What really makes me disappointed is the lack of functionalities, not the price.
04-30-2018, 11:12 AM   #41
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by whwang Quote
May I ask if the IT2 has live view (the tether plugin for LR does not) ?
Also, how does the Bulb mode work in IT2? Does it have a timer?
Does it support time lapse?
In LR, I have to click the button once to open the shutter and click it again to close. This is very inconvenient.
The bulb exposure is not timed, as seanjmc mentioned above. The live view works, but it lacks reference lines/grids that the camera LCD has.
Bulb mode now has a timer ("Set timed exposure in Bulb mode") and Live View has grid lines ("Display a grid on the Live View image").
Grid color, spacing and line type can be choosen too.
05-15-2018, 09:50 AM   #42

. I can't believe Pentax charges it $200 in the North America. (I did not ask the dealer in my country about its price, as there is no reason to believe it will be much cheaper.) $200 is not much comparing to anything I spent on the camera and lenses. What really makes me disappointed is the lack of functionalities, not the price.
Agreed. When I bought my 645z I emailed pentax like, 'I just bought your $8000 camera. Can I please have the tethering software for free." They said no.
05-16-2018, 03:42 AM   #43
Forum Member

The new timed Bulb mode is a welcome improvement. However, it has some bad bug, at least in the Mac version.

After I triggered a timed Bulb exposure, if I switch to a different desktop and do something else in a different program, IT2 times the exposure slower than what it should. This leads to exposures longer than what they are supposed to be.

So, be careful.
05-16-2018, 12:48 PM   #44

I love Image Transmitter 2. Yes, it is basic, but it gets the job done.