Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2014, 12:01 PM   #1
Forum Member

645Z LCD play back?

Strange thing seems to be happening when playing an image back on the LCD on my Z, the image appears looking nice, and then it seems to shimmer slightly and then seems to blur. Images are ok, so wonder if I have changed something in the set up that is affecting the display

Anyone seen this or know what is going on?

Thanks

Phil

10-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is stuff flashing on the display in red and yellow? If so, that would be the shadow/highlight alert feature.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-11-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
No it's not that. The whole image seems to shimmer out of focus. It looks sharp and then not. Most strange.
10-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This happens on my K-3 also.You are seeing the embedded jpeg on the LCD. If you have any image correctuons such as noise reductio, etc, enabled, you will see the unaltered image followed by the final jpeg when the processing has completed. This takes but a fraction of a second.

10-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
there is also the jpg "look" setting which is accuated via the four way controller. i think its the right button and it sets your jpg and preview to a look such as "neutral" "bright" etc. i was once accidentally in "cross process" and it caused quite an alarm for me until i set the camera back to "normal"
10-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yes I am wondering if I have change something with this - interestingly I have only noticed it since I updated the firmware.

Just back from shooting this weekend, so when I clean and repack my gear I will run through the various options and see if I can spot the cause

Phil