Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yeh it looks good even as shot of the reproduction. Beyond that Thomas, I hope you were wearing shorts behind it!!

10-21-2014, 05:36 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Thomasbrowphoto Quote
Thanks Boris,
Those portrait images are composites. BG and person shot seperately.I firstly shoot a scene in HDR then I will take the subject into the studio and re create the light with studio lights/strobes. Then I place the person into the scene and do further adjustments to mesh the two together. Thats the quick answer.

As for the 645Z... it is a brilliant camera. I also acquired the 45-85FA and the FA120 before I had the camera along with the 35A lens. I primarily used the 35mm and the 120mm and then the 45-85 on rare occasions. But that is only because I shoot a lot of landscapes. They are all insanely sharp lenses, particularly the 120.

Man I would love to shoot Vegas.. so I will keep that in mind if Im over in the States. I was there last september for a week or so. But because I'm in Australia it may be a while before Im back.

Cheers ,Tom

---------- Post added 10-22-14 at 09:40 AM ----------

Hahaha, Cant blame a guy for trying. :-)

---------- Post added 10-22-14 at 09:40 AM ----------

Thanks Royce, Im glad to hear you have had good results on this particular medium. :-)

---------- Post added 10-22-14 at 09:41 AM ----------

Thanks Mike!
Thanks Tom.

You do have a nice backyard!! and you landscape images are magical to say the least.

Well done with the portrait. I sort of suspected that you used the composite technique but the results are so good it is impossible to tell.

I do enjoy Australian wines a lot. I have a childhood friend who lives in Sydney but I have never had the pleasure of visiting. Along with the plains of the Serengeti, Australian Outback remains on top of my list of places I want to visit in this lifetime.

After seeing your work, I am more convinced that the 645Z is for me. I too have to liquidate just about all of my camera belongings to come close to the purchase price of the 645Z. I am on the hunt for the 35A but as you mentioned the prices have shot up a lot.
10-21-2014, 08:49 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
Thanks Tom.

You do have a nice backyard!! and you landscape images are magical to say the least.

Well done with the portrait. I sort of suspected that you used the composite technique but the results are so good it is impossible to tell.

I do enjoy Australian wines a lot. I have a childhood friend who lives in Sydney but I have never had the pleasure of visiting. Along with the plains of the Serengeti, Australian Outback remains on top of my list of places I want to visit in this lifetime.

After seeing your work, I am more convinced that the 645Z is for me. I too have to liquidate just about all of my camera belongings to come close to the purchase price of the 645Z. I am on the hunt for the 35A but as you mentioned the prices have shot up a lot.
Cheers Boris, thanks for the compliments. That certainly is the biggest challenge with composites... making them believable. or a Joel Grimes say's "selling the fake".

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.. I knew it would hold some value to other like minded shooters contemplating the MF jump. I have Private messaged you regarding my 35mm A lens.

Tom