Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by afan137 Quote
So who will be the Ariana Grande of Photography ? lol
Chase Jarvis.
10-30-2014, 09:22 PM - 1 Like   #33

I don't know about Australia but here in North America posting a single image for the purpose of commentary, criticism and/or review would easily fall under fair dealing (Canada) or fair use (USA). There would be no copyright issue whatsoever.
10-31-2014, 07:38 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Silent Street Quote
Copyright laws and acknowledgement of owernship is something you need to be well versed with before you post uncredited images of professional work on web forums. It is a risk!
PS: I do have a working background in Arts Law as it applies here in Australia, and which encompasses copyright and intellectual property. Nothing special about this: most educated professionals know where they stand. My own work appeared unauthorised on a Hong Kong-based website that was offering my images for sale without any acknowledgement or money to me. The website (hosted in the USA) was removed by the ISP. Proceedings against the US-based ISP are ongoing.
I once had 12 images picked up by a "free images" website and had over 600,000 hits on each of those images. My only disappointment was no one bought one. You and I see this very differently. They were viewing my advertising... If they want those images at 1080 pixels, go ahead, put them up on your wall, show your friends, send them to your friends. My name and the addy of my website is on them.