Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Why raise Fuji. Not as many as Sony (eg A6000)
Fuji-x's covers more or less the same area and also because I use Fuji's not Sony's. Don't zip about the Sony system. Never touched one.

Not having touched a 645z yet I have no idea what the focus point pattern is like with this copy of the camera. Where as I've used Nikon, Canon and Fuji's. The first Canon 20D I owned had a grand total of 9 focus point in the center of the finder. Then Mark II FF (not a 5D or 5dMKII) cover more points across the finder. The outer points on a 20D were useless in low light or any light for that matter.

I'm more concerned about the CA in the newer lenses that Rob is talking about along with the live view/tethering issues then auto focus. I think my eyes are still good enough to manual focus. The auto focus with other MF cameras I've used eh was okay. The nice thing with MF is some of their glass is faster than ƒ4. Plus you can adapt 67 glass as well.

I'm sure the Ricoh engineers can figure out how to spread out the 27 focus point they have to work with and may be add a few more. One can only hope they will listen to their customers like some of the other camera companies are doing today. It took Canon and Nikon both a long time before they listen to the working pro in the early digital days. Engineers don't always think like photographers when they design things and I don't think like an engineer. It will be interesting see how long it takes Ricoh to implement these changes into their MF new camera.

This camera for me will be for doing portraits and editorial work not for low light events even though its ISO range is that of new DSLR's/mirrorless systems. I just don't want to spend the extra time in LR, C1 or PS to removing CA been there done that.

Ricoh is relatively new to the MF world anyway. Again hopefully they will listen to Rob and others like him plus this forum to make changes that will help all of us. Time will tell!

Last edited by ru2far2c; 11-09-2014 at 07:56 PM.
11-09-2014, 09:32 PM   #32
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by 2351HD Quote
So you must have bought a different 55mm lens than me to spend $5000+ on it........ Mine cost $1200, actually it came with the camera.

Not sure of everybody's frustration with the camera, it's leagues ahead of anything else.

As for auto gain, wasn't it mentioned in a forum post that using M mode fixes it?
Not on the 645, nothing fix the auto gain, no mode, is there all the time.

---------- Post added 11-09-14 at 09:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rcdurston Quote
Here are two very tight crops on the 55mm.
Umbrella shot has classic magenta fringing around the bright white parts, down his arm and cheek too.

The girl has green bleeding out of the shadows under the railing.
I have the 55 and I have not noticed such bad CA, are you sure you don't have a bad copy?

---------- Post added 11-09-14 at 09:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rcdurston Quote
Here are two very tight crops on the 55mm.
Umbrella shot has classic magenta fringing around the bright white parts, down his arm and cheek too.

The girl has green bleeding out of the shadows under the railing.
At what aperture did you shoot those examples? I'm checking on my photos with the 55 and I do not see a single photo with such CA...