Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-06-2014, 09:43 AM - 1 Like   #1
Forum Member

Image Transmitter 2 preview

So I've been playing with Image Transmitter 2 (V2.0.0 (18)) and all in all seems good.
It installs pretty painlessly, and you're up in running in a few minutes.
The camera needs to have in the menu, your USB connection set to PTP.
Starting at the top, set your destination folder. Below that is camera connection, then battery level, shooting mode, AF, shooting parameter profile and then SD slots and file types; all of those are only controlled through the camera and there is no option for the software to adjust them.
Then comes exposure settings, shutter speed, aperture, ISO and EV; these are adjustable on both the camera and the software.
Next there is a little green dot button, it acts as your instant meter reading and sets the exposure accordingly.
Then there are three buttons below that, for LiveView (LV), Auto Focus (AF), and shutter release.
Next there is a check box for "AF when released", forcing the camera to do an auto focus before the shutter is released.
Below that are your option to save to card 1/2 and the file types you wish to save.

I worked it over quite a bit this afternoon and managed to not get the camera to be recognised a few times. This was always cleared up by turning off/on the software and camera, easy.

I have it set up so that Lightroom is watching the folder and auto importing the files into the open catalog. Transfer using a 3 foot USB3 cable is about 7 seconds for DNG only.
I'll be doing a more in depth test maybe tomorrow in the studio.

Rob

Attached Images

11-06-2014, 10:37 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rcdurston Quote
So I've been playing with Image Transmitter 2 (V2.0.0 (18)) and all in all seems good.
Starting at the top, set your destination folder. Below that is camera connection, then battery level, shooting mode, AF, shooting parameter profile and then SD slots and file types; all of those are only controlled through the camera and there is no option for the software to adjust them.
Then comes exposure settings, shutter speed, aperture, ISO and EV; these are adjustable on both the camera and the software.
Next there is a little green dot button, it acts as your instant meter reading and sets the exposure accordingly.
Then there are three buttons below that, for LiveView (LV), Auto Focus (AF), and shutter release.
Next there is a check box for "AF when released", forcing the camera to do an auto focus before the shutter is released.
Below that are your option to save to card 1/2 and the file types you wish to save.

I worked it over quite a bit this afternoon and managed to not get the camera to be recognised a few times. This was always cleared up by turning off/on the software and camera, easy.

I have it set up so that Lightroom is watching the folder and auto importing the files into the open catalog. Transfer using a 3 foot USB3 cable is about 7 seconds for DNG only.

Rob
Great! So, this is available....where? Cuz I ain't seein' it.
11-06-2014, 10:51 AM   #3
Inactive Account

in the US at least it comes bundled with the camera. It was on the box I got two weeks ago. What was weird, is that the camera firmware was the old one, so I could not make it work until I installed the new firmware. It would be nice if they allow to adjust the size of the live view screen.
11-06-2014, 04:51 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Victor Wolansky Quote
in the US at least it comes bundled with the camera. It was on the box I got two weeks ago. What was weird, is that the camera firmware was the old one, so I could not make it work until I installed the new firmware. It would be nice if they allow to adjust the size of the live view screen.
Mine did not come with my camera! I got mine in July.

11-06-2014, 08:04 PM   #5
Inactive Account

In the US? I know the software was released not long ago, call them and claim it, mention that you know another customer in the US that got the software for free in the box.
11-07-2014, 01:14 AM   #6

In Indonesia, the software also come bundled with the camera.
11-07-2014, 04:39 AM   #7

Did you pay extra for the software?

I'm not surprised that your Z didn't come with updated firmware. The K3 I bought in September didn't come with updated firmware.

11-07-2014, 05:23 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

In the US? I know the software was released not long ago, call them and claim it, mention that you know another customer in the US that got the software for free in the box.
Yeah, got it at ACE Photo in northern Virginia. One of the first they got in. I'll take your advice. Where did you get yours?
11-07-2014, 08:13 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by rcdurston Quote

Rob
Rob,
Thanks for all the great information on the 645z and IT2!
I'm baffled at reading this new thread wondering how everyone has Image Transmitter 2 already? Rob are you based in the US?
I just called Ricoh US in Colorado and the rep put me on hold obviously having no idea what I was talking about. He then get back on and said it's
not available in the US yet? Is there anyone that could point me in the right direction to get a hold of a IT2 disc in the US?
I have an advertising shoot in 2 weeks.. I'm really not looking forward to the shooting to card and then downloading for client viewing.
Rob or anyone on this thread I would really appreciate any help! Thanks, Daniel
11-07-2014, 08:15 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Well... You can buy the disc at B&H for $200. But says shipping is in about 2 weeks...

---------- Post added 11-07-14 at 08:16 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Yeah, got it at ACE Photo in northern Virginia. One of the first they got in. I'll take your advice. Where did you get yours?
I got mine from Adorama.
11-07-2014, 08:43 AM   #11

Well... You can buy the disc at B&H for $200. But says shipping is in about 2 weeks...

---------- Post added 11-07-14 at 08:16 AM ----------

I got mine from Adorama.
I just looked on Adorama and B&H and found nothing about (Image Transmitter 2) disc?
The only thing I found was the older Image Transmitter disc for the 645D.
11-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster
I'm based in the UK.
From what I understand you can purchase the download from the Ricoh UK store site
11-12-2014, 06:43 PM   #13

The UK store has it listed as not available at the moment. Chatted with US support and all they can tell me is that it hasn't been released. Slightly disappointed with Pentax.
11-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #14
Inactive Account

point them to this thread and ask them how is possible that some people already has it if was not released.
11-13-2014, 12:26 AM   #15
Inactive Account

Does anyone know if the japanese version of the software will work in english?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/267809-image-transm...ml#post3019774