Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2014, 12:36 AM   #1

Image Transmiter 2 for 645z

Hello!

I am kind of new here and let me say at first: I really love my Pentax 645z ...

But: How can it be possible that I can not get my hands on the Image Transmitter 2 Software? I am located in Germany and i relly feel disappointed.
On friday i have a really important shooting where i really need the tethering function that was promised by Ricoh/Pentax when i bought the camera.

So where is it?
Where can i download this software? Is there a workaround available to shoot tethered into Lightroom?

I am kind of desperate.

Hartmut

Last edited by Hart-Worx; 11-12-2014 at 02:49 AM.
11-12-2014, 01:49 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Hart-Worx Quote
Where can i download this software? Is there a workaround available to shoot tethered into Lightroom?
The disc is starting to become available for purchase, and it will be included in certain bundles. You can't download or buy the software online, so it's still hard to find, unfortunately

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-12-2014, 02:49 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The disc is starting to become available for purchase, and it will be included in certain bundles. You can't download or buy the software online, so it's still hard to find, unfortunately
in which bundles is this software included?

i bought the bundle with the 55mm Lens and it is not included.
11-12-2014, 07:25 AM - 1 Like   #4
Inactive Account

If the stock your dealer has is old, it won't be there, I got the body alone in the US 3 weeks ago, from fresh stock at Adorama, and the disk was in the box. It is absurd that you purchase a body that cost $8.5K and they make you pay for that software, I would talk to Pentax in your country and complain very seriously about it.

---------- Post added 11-12-14 at 07:30 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Hart-Worx Quote
Hello!

I am kind of new here and let me say at first: I really love my Pentax 645z ...

But: How can it be possible that I can not get my hands on the Image Transmitter 2 Software? I am located in Germany and i relly feel disappointed.
On friday i have a really important shooting where i really need the tethering function that was promised by Ricoh/Pentax when i bought the camera.

So where is it?

I am kind of desperate.

Hartmut
There is no SDK for this camera, hence there will be no Lightroom plugin unless Pentax write it. Adobe will not reverse engineer a camera ever. You can, once you get the software capture to a folder that is monitored by LR and the files will be auto imported in LR, if the folder is in the same drive your photos are stored, then LR will move the files instead of copying them and is instantaneous, it takes about 3 to 5 seconds for a photo to show up in LR, which is not a lot more than what takes with a regular camera connected to LR directly. Fast HDDs help and of course connecting the camera to a USB3 port.