Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2014, 04:05 AM   #1

Precision Camera repair taking forever

Hello all!

I have sent in my DFA 55mm lens to precision camera for warranty repair back in August. The lens still isn't fixed!!! Has anyone else had a similar experience? If this is Pentax's pro service, I really hope I don't ever need it for the 645z.

11-16-2014, 06:51 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They took over from the previous repair facility around that time. My camera seemed lost until I called them and let it ring for something close to 10 minutes. After I gave them the relevant details they found the camera and it was only a few days more before it was repaired. The communication sucked, but it got done. Try calling and waiting until they answer.
11-16-2014, 02:08 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

The camera business is about selling things...not repairing them. It's not the only business like that, but it is among the worst at customer service from what I read, and from some personal experience.
It's not all bad, I have received some decent and fast service, and some slow and poor service, but overall the inconsistency is what hurts the camera service business.

Regards!
11-16-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jbw Quote
If this is Pentax's pro service, I really hope I don't ever need it for the 645z
It's only pro services if you are enrolled in the Pentax Professional Services program.

Do you offer professional services? - RIAC Community

You don't say where you are located but if you are in the US then the chaos from the change over from CRIS to Precision Camera was in full swing. It appears that anything sent in from the middle of June through the middle of September ended up in limbo with long delays. Most of the repairs sent in after the middle of the September seem to be moving through the system.

You would be better served by contacting Ricoh directly rather than hoping for some sort of miracle to happen by posting here with your concerns.

11-16-2014, 06:49 PM   #5
jbw

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments! I will contact Ricoh thanks for the suggestion Not a Number.
11-23-2014, 02:18 PM   #6

Interesting read, as when I contacted Precision for my 67ii repair, I was referred to Royal Cameras in the Chicago area...
11-24-2014, 05:02 AM   #7
jbw

Original Poster
I am pleased to say that I called Precision Camera and they found my lens and shipped it within three days. I should have just called to begin with.
11-24-2014, 08:02 AM   #8
Pentaxian

They weren't answering the phone before. Seems like they have solved the problem.

11-24-2014, 03:11 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
They weren't answering the phone before. Seems like they have solved the problem.
I thought that myself, but they did answer after fifteen minutes or more.