11-18-2014, 09:54 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax 645Z one of the Cameras of the year

Bravo Pentax!

Cameras of the Year, 2014 | explora

11-18-2014, 10:11 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It was bound to happen... it is such a ground-breaking product!
11-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Huh, all these award-winning cameras are very nice, but none of them are better than my 2 year old K-01.

Go figure...
11-18-2014, 10:29 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Good (free) PR for Pentax!

11-18-2014, 10:38 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Huh, all these award-winning cameras are very nice, but none of them are better than my 2 year old K-01.

Go figure...
Huh? IQ wise I would exchange my K-01 with a D810 anytime... and should I seek portability then the X-T1 is almost the same size.
Don't get me wrong, I love my K-01 but apart from the fact that those cameras there are a couple of years newer (and it shows), I find them pretty interesting in their own right.
11-18-2014, 11:35 AM - 1 Like   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Huh, all these award-winning cameras are very nice, but none of them are better than my 2 year old K-01
Now there is a happy K-01 owner!!!

Steve
11-18-2014, 12:19 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Huh? IQ wise I would exchange my K-01 with a D810 anytime... and should I seek portability then the X-T1 is almost the same size.
Don't get me wrong, I love my K-01 but apart from the fact that those cameras there are a couple of years newer (and it shows), I find them pretty interesting in their own right.
Nikon doesn't give me that warm & fuzzy feeling my K-01 does.

They are all very nice cameras.

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Now there is a happy K-01 owner!!!

Steve
If I met Marc Newson while walking down the street, I'd buy him a coffee.

If I met the execs at Ricoh while walking down the street, I'd also offer to buy them coffee... but later, and only after I had examined the coffee market and determined the time was right.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
My K-01 has great picture quality but not so great autofocus. I use mine mostly with manual focus lenses and think it does great, YMMV

I would trade mine for a 645Z for sure. Any takers?
Hmm, you could buy an awful lot of K-01's for the price of one 645Z...

11-18-2014, 12:43 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Nikon doesn't give me that warm & fuzzy feeling my K-01 does.

They are all very nice cameras.
Both true statements!

If I met Marc Newson while walking down the street, I'd buy him a coffee.

If I met the execs at Ricoh while walking down the street, I'd also offer to buy them coffee... but later, and only after I had examined the coffee market and determined the time was right.
Haha! Well... what about the placing of the green button?

Hmm, you could buy an awful lot of K-01's for the price of one 645Z...
Also true, but you can only use one at a time...
11-18-2014, 01:31 PM - 2 Likes   #9
Veteran Member

LOL. I'd offer to buy them an espresso and if they said it was not enough then I'd offer them a 10-cup Box of Joe. Then if they said that they wanted something in the middle, I'd say, "ME TOO!"
11-18-2014, 01:36 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
LOL. I'd offer to buy them an espresso and if they said it was not enough then I'd offer them a 10-cup Box of Joe. Then if they said that they wanted something in the middle, I'd say, "ME TOO!"
11-18-2014, 02:03 PM   #11
Pentaxian

I guess some folks missed the post on here where a guy showed his wife a couple of images, one taken with a K-01 and one taken with a D800, and she refused to decide which was better. She said she liked some parts of one better and some parts of the other better, and overall it was a saw off. This was printed at A-3. I always take the advice of those who have actually done some research with blind evaluators, rather than those who may have a bias based on heir pre-knowledge of which is which.

My own post showed that at web size, people couldn't tell the difference between a K-5 and D-800. If people are going to claim a D-800 is better than a K-01, they really need to post a caveat explaining when they have found that to be true. because many of us, who have actually done a tiny bit of fooling around with they issue haven't found that to be true. And really, no one has posted any definitive photos showing a D-800 is better than a K-3. But we have lots of anecdotal evidence from people who pixel peep and don't actually examine the whole image.
11-18-2014, 02:23 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
11-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #13
Veteran Member

They are not handing awards, it's just a list of every significant camera that was released this year.
11-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
They are not handing awards, it's just a list of every significant camera that was released this year.
Well, here's what B&H says:

QuoteQuote:
We asked some of our in-house photography experts to create a list of the top new cameras of 2014
11-18-2014, 04:40 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
There might be other factors to consider, for example video capability (thinking of the Gh4) or user interface for example.