Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #1

Pentax 67 magnifier viewfinder

Is there any alternative magnifier viewfinder for 67? I can't focus it well cause it doesn't have split screen. Waist level viewfinder seem to be expensive tho. And the magnifier is rare too...

12-15-2014, 05:50 PM   #2
Site Supporter

This is about your only other option:

Pentax 67 Right Angle Finder reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Phil.
12-15-2014, 10:44 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I just tried my Nikon DR-5 right angle view finder and it fits my 6x7/67 prism. It has a 2X viewing option. I certainly can see those micro prisms fading in/out that much easier.
12-16-2014, 01:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

The original Pentax 6x7 viewfinder magnifier is obscenely priced for what it is, even for a quality used specimen on eBay (where profit taking is the norm, not the exception). But it is the doubtless the right tool for the job to magnify the central microprism area. The difficulty in focusing the f4 lenses is well known amongst people with less than ideal eyesight. I need it often now when focusing the 45mm f4 and other lenses in low light. The right angle magnifier is another beast altogether (also pricey), but not being a quick release variety (like my Canon's), it is very easily jarred back or forth (not sideways, where it rotates freely), potentially damaging the eyepiece and/or the prism. When packing the camera away, it, like the magnifier, must be removed then refitted for use later, and so on. I wish to God Pentax had put a bit more thought into these trinkets and designed them with a quick release mechanism where the main body of the device can come away from the eyepiece without removal/reattachment. That is annoying!

12-16-2014, 11:27 AM   #5
Pentaxian

You could view the ground glass with a loupe like is done with 4x5s, although that is somewhat inconvenient.
12-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I sent the original poster a PM with an offer for one I have, but don't use.
12-16-2014, 07:35 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yurihuta Quote
I sent the original poster a PM with an offer for one I have, but don't use.

do you have pics?