Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2014, 01:11 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
645Z and the Pentax Extended Warranty

Over on another thread on Pentax's Extended Warranty there was a link to the actual warranty - which I happened to click on. I was just glancing through the verbiage and came across this......

QuoteQuote:
The extended warranty set forth below is provided by Ricoh Imaging Corporation ("Ricoh") for products originally distributed in the United States by Ricoh Imaging Corporation, 633 17th Street, Suite 2600, Denver, Colorado 80202, excluding PENTAX Sport Optics products ("Products") and must be purchased within two (2) months of original purchase. This extended warranty is not available for Ricoh’s 645z camera unless purchased and included as part of the Ricoh Pentax Advantage program. Ricoh warrants that the Product, when delivered to you in new conditions in its original packaging, will be free from defects in original factory materials and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of three (3) year from the date of original purchase. If such Product is returned to Ricoh and proven to be defective upon inspection, Ricoh will in its sole discretion and at no charge will (a) repair the Product utilizing new, remanufactured, repaired and/or recycled parts; (b) exchanged for a new Product or; (c) exchanged for a refurbished Product, as determined by the Ricoh. Warranty exchange or replacement does not extend the original warranty period of the Product.
... but googling "Ricoh Pentax Advantage program" - you really find no information about it. - Not that my wife is going to sign off on a 645Z purchase in this lifetime for me...

12-30-2014, 02:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe that is their professional level support program.
12-30-2014, 05:50 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I'm guessing Ricoh renamed the Pentax Professional Services to the Pentax Advantage Program.