Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2015, 10:09 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I rarely feel confident about the sharpness of the 28-45 wide landscape shots until I print them…..and then its……WOW. The Eizo just doesn't do those shots justice for reasons I don't understand. But an epson print goes beyond mere sharpness and has that "3D" feeling of depth that I could only make an A 35mm do every once in a while and only at f11 or 13.

01-16-2015, 05:37 AM - 3 Likes   #17

Original Poster
My opinion of this lens has done a complete 180, I absolutely love it. Initially I was not sure about it but after having shot a few scenes with considering some of the input from you fine folk I feel I am using it correctly and getting better results. I may have been expecting a little too much in the way of sharpness (was expecting macro lens sharpness), its no sharper than my 15mm Ziess on my d800 but were it really shines is in the colour rendition, edge to edge consistency and almost total absence of chromatic adoration and vignetting. Its a beast of thing and a little heavy, I have had to incorporate a bar to balance the weight on my BH-55 but that has a added function of a nodal rail if need be.
Shot this at f/14 grabbing focus right on the windmill.
Attached Images

01-16-2015, 08:39 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I agree with comments above...I'd rather they left out the SR in favor of a smaller and lighter lens. But, I'm sure an event or wedding photographer would disagree with me!

It's very sharp up to f/16, but has fallen off a bit by f/22, which is to be expected. Still sharper than my 35 or 25, though.
01-16-2015, 02:43 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ryan Tischer Quote
I agree with comments above...I'd rather they left out the SR in favor of a smaller and lighter lens.
My sentiments exactly. I've sent an email to the Pentax Public Relations Manager asking for a contact name to find out if I can order the 28-45 w/o SR and suggesting they develop one, marketed as an 'L' version of the lens. I don't expect a reply, but I'd scoop it up if they made one.

BTW --
QuoteOriginally posted by gary alan Quote
Shot this at f/14 grabbing focus right on the windmill.
I love that shot!