Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-16-2015, 10:27 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
delay shutter release options for 67 and 645

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi all,

this is probably a stupid question... both 67 and 645 have like a 12 secs delay timer in body that is useful, when I want to get into the frame myself... (not always a good idea, but sometime the wife insist...), is there a tool to make this a longer delay? I often need to run to or climb to get into the spot and 12 secs doesn't seem enough (and often I need time to catch my breath after running over...).

A long cable release + in camera 12 secs might helps a bit, but the cable might get into frame... and I guess there must be something out there?

I googled and find some mechanical tool to hold the shutter to certain amount of time for bulb mode shooting, but nothing for delay shutter. Maybe I use the wrong search term? any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

01-16-2015, 11:26 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are third party remove shutter triggers that will probably work on those bodies.

wireless shutter release | B&H Photo Video

Phil.
01-16-2015, 04:40 PM - 1 Like   #3

what you need is a small mechanical device known as Autoknips (e.g.). You screw it into the shutter button (or connect it to the end of a cable release with older models), set the delay, wind it up and it triggers the camera like a cable release with a small bolt pressing down the shutter button.
01-17-2015, 09:39 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
There are third party remove shutter triggers that will probably work on those bodies.

wireless shutter release | B&H Photo Video

Phil.
Thanks Phil, but I only see long cable available for this purpose.

QuoteOriginally posted by iDon Quote
what you need is a small mechanical device known as Autoknips (e.g.). You screw it into the shutter button (or connect it to the end of a cable release with older models), set the delay, wind it up and it triggers the camera like a cable release with a small bolt pressing down the shutter button.
Thanks!! this is exactly what I need! I think the Autoknips IV is the one that I need:

I couldn't figure out how the other Autoknips version like this works: Haka Autoknips Vintage Camera Auto Shutter Release Self Timer Germany Works | eBay

wonder if the amount of "protrusion" can be adjusted? they seem to protrude much more than needed....

01-23-2015, 12:40 AM - 1 Like   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Thanks Phil, but I only see long cable available for this purpose.

Thanks!! this is exactly what I need! I think the Autoknips IV is the one that I need: Autoknips - YouTube

I couldn't figure out how the other Autoknips version like this works: Haka Autoknips Vintage Camera Auto Shutter Release Self Timer Germany Works | eBay

wonder if the amount of "protrusion" can be adjusted? they seem to protrude much more than needed....
My cable release protrudes about 2x that far into the shutter, seems to be fine..