Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2015, 01:28 PM   #1
Inactive Account

645Z Tethered Shooting w/USB on Windows 7 using Lightroom 5.7?

I am usually a Canon shooter and shoot tethered in my studio but I am just starting with a brand new 645Z.

Has anyone successfully tethered their 645Z to a Windows 7 system? What software? What length cable?

I was able to connect and look at some images on the SD card but then got an error code and cannot find error codes in the manual.

01-19-2015, 01:30 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
AFAIK you need to use this software to tether:

Pentax Image Transmitter 2 Now Shipping - Pentax Announcements | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-20-2015, 05:34 AM   #3

Hi Dwight,

I haven't tried it on Windows yet, but if the sample they sent me has a Windows version, I'll fire-up the Windows partition on my Mac and try it.

Using IT2 into LR5 on my MAC is rock solid so far. One chap on here had a real problem with it, but others on the same thread had it working just fine. I use a 15' USB 3 cable - a $20 one I bought at my local discount computer shop. I'd be tempted on a cable-clamp/ securing device of some sort if I were moving around a lot, but so far no troubles. It seems to reconnect straight-up if either end unplugged. No rebooting.

- N.
01-20-2015, 08:40 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks! I guess my next step is to get the IT2 software!